Loose Motion

Can fever, loose motions, and knee pain be signs of HIV infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I had exposure to HIV 10 months back, and after that, I got myself tested. Rapid ICT and particle agglutination after six weeks. HIV Ag and Ab screening S/CO = 0.18, CMIA Method after eight weeks. Serum Electrochemiluminescence or Immunoassay method after 16 months. All tests reported ne...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from constant loose motion, fever, and joint pain. HIV antibodies: HIV 1 and HIV 2 are non-reactive three months back. Again, HIV for rapid ICT and partial agglut...  Read Full »

Kindly help my 80-year-old grandmother, who is suffering from severe diarrhea for a week.

Query: My 80 yr old grandmother is suffering from severe diarrhea since past one week. already taken course of CIPROXIN 250 mg along with FLAGYLL n ENFLOR SACHET. Motions seems to little settled now but started vomiting twice daily since last night...really worried since health condition is not good as ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I feel sorry to heat about her. I can understand you must be very concern about her current condition. Well you see the ongoing motion can cause dehydration and salt loss via diarrhea. This can cause kindney problem and can lead to vomiting. Part of the kidney fun...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for loose stools, and right-sided headache in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has a fever, muscle pain, and diarrhea. He took Kankunis tea to help him with his bowel movement. However, yesterday, he experienced muscle pain and fever after having bowel movement five times. He took Alaxan once for the muscle pain and took two Diatabs for diarrhea. He ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does he have any chronic illness like diabetes, or high blood pressure? Is he taking any long term medications previously? His blood pressure is right now on higher side. Is he having blood pressure problems? Does he have any flu or runny nose? Any one in family has Cor...  Read Full »

I get intermittent loose stools and antibiotics did not help. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male. I am 168 cm in height and 68 kg in weight. Since last one month, I have been suffering from intermittent loose motions (yellow colored). There is no vomiting, no fever, or major abdominal pain (except for occasional cramps). Initially, I took a comb...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Omar Qureshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I cannot see any red flags in your symptoms. More likely nothing to worry. It is the function of your intestines that is triggered by some infection and you are facing overactive intestine. More likely it is a functional problem unless proven otherwise. I will advise...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for a 9-month-old child suffering from frequent loose motions.

Query: Hi Doctor, Kid age 9 months. weight not sure. Since Yesterday, she is having loose motion problem. Today also she is having frequent loose motion. ORS solution and paracetamol syrup given, but got little bit control again started.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq - Loose motion ( diarrhoea) is common problem in young kids. It is very important to make sure that your daughter is well hydrated till she gets better . - It is very good that you are already giving ORS solution which needs to be given frequently. Loose stools can la...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for loose motions and abdominal pain.

Query: i have very thin loose motions , and pain in abdominal area, since 2 days and feeling weakness, taken flaygel medicine today, please recommend any medicine and precautions and diet plz  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Omar Qureshi

Answer: Dear, Welcome to.icliniq.com With history of 2 days diarrhea with weakness seems that you are on dehydration side. 1st of all most important step for you is to keep yourself well hydrated and replace electrolytes.Use ORS.Mix in 1 litre water and take as maximum as you can. Avoid spices,fried,outsi...  Read Full »

Why are loose motion and stomach cramps not getting better with medications?

Query: I having uneasyness in my lower left side of my belly since a year. I visited several doctors but tge problem persisted despite so many medications and endoscopy. First i was told that its a normal infection of my gut and that i will recover after few months of medication. Nothing such happened. I w...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, I can totally understand your pain . I have come across several patients with similar pain . Most of whom have undergone upper Gi endoscopy and lower Gi Colonoscopy and some have found to have irritable bowel syndrome. Which is often missed if it is of the mild form . It will be apparent on...  Read Full »

My son is turning 6 months and not taking formula milk as before. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 5 months old now and turning 6 months in four days. He had loose motion three days back. Since yesterday he is better, but he has lost his appetite and weight as well. He used to have 120 ml of formula milk in three to four hours gap. But now he is having only 60 ml of mil...  Read Full »

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For loose motion give Walamycin DS (Colistin sulfate) 5 ml twice a day for five days. Syrup Vizylac (Lactic acid bacillus) 5 ml twice a day for five days after meals. According to me after completing 5 months stop milk from 8 AM to 8 PM and give semisolid diet like...  Read Full »

My 3.4 year old baby is having vomiting and loose motion. Please advice medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, My 3.4 years old baby had vomiting two times yesterday, and we gave him Ondem now he seems to be fine from vomiting. But he has now little loose motion. He did a toilet in bed two times while sleeping at night. And today while urinating, he had loose motion at the same time. But his s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take my advice very seriously and if you bottlefeed your child anything like milk, juice or water you must stop bottle feeding and instead, feed on a cup with a spoon or without a spoon. Even if you argue about boiling or sterilizing the bottle, the feeding in...  Read Full »

There is abdominal pain with loose motion and fever. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, There is abdomen pain since three days. Pain is not continous but really painful. Little loose motion, light headache when gets out of bed, little fever on day 1 and 2.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such pain in abdomen with stool discomfort can happen as a result of stomach infection. Important here is clinical examination to know the site of the pain. So it is advisable to see your doctor. If he would feel suspicious, he would send you for an ultrasound abdomen. ...  Read Full »