Q. I have loose motions and pain in the abdominal area for two days. Please help.

Dr. Muhammad Omar Qureshi
This is a premium question & answer published on May 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

I am having thin loose motions with abdominal pain for the past two days. I am having weakness along with it. I took Flagyl today. Please suggest some medicines and precautions for me.

#

With a history of diarrhea presenting with weakness, you can have dehydration. Try to keep yourself hydrated and replace electrolytes. You can use ORS (oral rehydration salts). Mix in it one liter of water and take it as much as you can. Avoid taking spicy foods, fried foods, and outside meals. Take liquid or soft food for two to three days. Add yogurt, Isabgol, and banana to your diet. Continue taking Flagyl 400 mg three times a day. You can take Ciprofloxacin 250 mg after breakfast and dinner for three days. You can take tablet Mebeverine 135 mg before breakfast and dinner. You can take an Enflor sachet (Saccharomyces boulardii) once daily for five days. If there is no relief, then revert to me soon.

|