Q. What medicine to give a kid with vomiting and loose motion?

Dr. Payas Joshi
Published on Nov 09, 2018

My daughter is ten months old, and her weight is 6.7 kilograms. She has vomiting and loose motion from the morning. We are giving her ORS. What is the medicine given for vomiting and loose motion?

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Giving ORS (oral rehydration solution) is good. It will treat dehydration and try to make them in the right concentration. Try to have one sachet in one-liter water. You can give her syrup Zincolife 5 ml (Elemental zinc) once a day for 14 days, and syrup Ondem 2.5 ml (Ondansetron) can be given for vomiting. But if there is persistent vomiting and if the child is dizzy, lethargic, with, decreased urination, then you can consult a pediatrician soon.

Why do I have vomiting in the early morning?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having vomiting in the early morning. I consulted a doctor, and the doctor told that it is due to allergy. I want to know the reason for having vomiting. Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vomiting can occur due to allergy. Causes of vomiting are extensive. It can also happen due to gastritis. If you are having hyperacidity and indigestion, then you can have frequent vomiting. I suggest you take PPI (proton pump inhibitor) with Domperidone combination lik...  Read Full

My baby often has loose stools. What medicines should I give him?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 6 months old son. He often suffers from loose stools. I do not know why it happens. My friend suggested I give Mathulai manappagu. Please share your thoughts.  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Giving medicine is not the ideal solution to his problem. Firstly, try to find out the exact cause behind the loose motions. Because, once you find out the exact cause, it will be easy for you to avoid that causative factor and the loose motion...  Read Full

My dad felt lightheaded with loose stools and sweating. Is that heart attack or food poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad's age is 59. He is a diabetic patient. He suddenly got a severe stomach ache and passed loose stools. He also sweated more and felt lightheaded. I feel that he is abnormal. He refuses to go the hospital and he believes that if there is a pain in the chest, then it is a heart attac...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted all your father's details. Most likely the symptoms are because of acute gastroenteritis. Cardiac origin of pain usually radiates to the epigastric region only and full abdomen is not included. The loose stools shift the diagnosis towards gastroenteritis. Do ...  Read Full