Q. What medicine to give a kid with vomiting and loose motion?

Dr. Payas Joshi

My daughter is ten months old, and her weight is 6.7 kilograms. She has vomiting and loose motion from the morning. We are giving her ORS. What is the medicine given for vomiting and loose motion?

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Giving ORS (oral rehydration solution) is good. It will treat dehydration and try to make them in the right concentration. Try to have one sachet in one-liter water. You can give her syrup Zincolife 5 ml (Elemental zinc) once a day for 14 days, and syrup Ondem 2.5 ml (Ondansetron) can be given for vomiting. But if there is persistent vomiting and if the child is dizzy, lethargic, with, decreased urination, then you can consult a pediatrician soon.

| 

Why do I have vomiting in the early morning?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having vomiting in the early morning. I consulted a doctor, and the doctor told that it is due to allergy. I want to know the reason for having vomiting. Please suggest.  Read Full »

My baby often has loose stools. What medicines should I give him?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 6 months old son. He often suffers from loose stools. I do not know why it happens. My friend suggested I give Mathulai manappagu. Please share your thoughts.  Read Full »

My dad felt lightheaded with loose stools and sweating. Is that heart attack or food poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad's age is 59. He is a diabetic patient. He suddenly got a severe stomach ache and passed loose stools. He also sweated more and felt lightheaded. I feel that he is abnormal. He refuses to go the hospital and he believes that if there is a pain in the chest, then it is a heart attac...  Read Full »