Q. My penis got hurt while sleeping and lost sensation from the very next day. Please help.

Dr. Vandana Andrews

One night while sleeping I thought I hurt my penis while moving in sleep because I felt something that moment. But there was no pain nothing and I went back to sleep normally. From the next day onwards, I am not having an erection at all. I have no sensation on the penis. I tried masturbating and looking videos but I could not feel anything and no erection. But I do not have any pain, no difficulty in urination. It happened two days before. What can I do regarding this? Should I just rest and watch for a few days or go see a consultant?

#

I know it can be confusing, clearly you must wait and not panic. It is possible that due to trauma one can loss the sensation and even it can affect erection for a few days. Stay hydrated, rest well, avoid any further trauma to the penis, avoid exercise for a few days, give or wear good support undergarments, not too tight, comfortable one. I think things will be back to normal just give a few days time, if there is any pain you can take OTC NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).

If despite doing all the above-mentioned things one sees no relief then seeing a doctor for a physical exam might be necessary.

| 

Why am I not having a proper erection?

Query: Hello doctor, How are you doing? I hope you are good. My age is 29, from the last 8 to 9 days, I did not have a proper erection. This did not happen with me earlier. I am a bit worried because of this issue, also I am sleeping at 4 O'clock in the morning and waking up at 9 O'clock in the morning. Pl...  Read Full »

Can a vibrator damage and shrink my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I used a vibrator on my penis for 30 to 40 minutes and the result is that the hardness of my penis is gone and the length reduced a lot. Now, I am unable to have sex with my partner. Can you tell me any medicine for recovering from this situation and make my penis as it was before?  Read Full »

Why does my tooth hurt after biting something hard?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 12 years old. He bit a cookie yesterday, and it has hit his tooth. Now, he has a pain in the tooth. What to do now?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now