Q. My penis got hurt while sleeping and lost sensation from the very next day. Please help.

Dr. Vandana Andrews

One night while sleeping I thought I hurt my penis while moving in sleep because I felt something that moment. But there was no pain nothing and I went back to sleep normally. From the next day onwards, I am not having an erection at all. I have no sensation on the penis. I tried masturbating and looking videos but I could not feel anything and no erection. But I do not have any pain, no difficulty in urination. It happened two days before. What can I do regarding this? Should I just rest and watch for a few days or go see a consultant?

#

I know it can be confusing, clearly you must wait and not panic. It is possible that due to trauma one can loss the sensation and even it can affect erection for a few days. Stay hydrated, rest well, avoid any further trauma to the penis, avoid exercise for a few days, give or wear good support undergarments, not too tight, comfortable one. I think things will be back to normal just give a few days time, if there is any pain you can take OTC NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).

If despite doing all the above-mentioned things one sees no relief then seeing a doctor for a physical exam might be necessary.

|