Loss Of Smell

Can I get my sense of smell back after sinusitis, or will it be permanently damaged?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had symptoms of chronic sinusitis without polyps for 24 months now. My ENT said I had mild to moderate sinusitis. My symptoms were congestion, eustachian tube dysfunction, a weak sense of smell, postnasal drip, and severe pain. I have been using Budesonide rinses twice daily, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ranjit Peter

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your clinical history and response to therapy, we can expect some improvement in the sense of smell. The fact that there is some sense of smell is favorable. However, it would be beneficial to know the status of your sinuses in terms of persi...  Read Full »