Loss Of Taste And Smell Covid-19

Are fever and loss of smell and taste signs of COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, 0n 7th August, I had a fever of around 99 to 99.5 for two days. I took Azithromycin for three days. From 9th, no fever till date. But on 10th August, I suddenly lost my sense of smell and taste. Today I have no fever, my oxygen level varies from 94 to 98. I am checking my oxygen 10 ti...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello doctor, I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from loss of taste and smell. Your oxygen level varies from 94 to 98, which is excellent indeed. If your oxygen level becomes below 93, then you need oxygen supply to increase your oxygen level. Sudde...  Read Full »

How to manage anosmia in COVID-19 recovered patients?

Query: Hello doctor, I was affected by the Coronavirus three months back and lost my smell and some of my taste. I retested, and my results came back negative. I still cannot smell after three months, and I wondered if any medication could reverse my anosmia.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for briefing regarding the problem in concern. This is perfectly normal as 70 percent of patients who have been found COVID-19 positive have coincidently had complaints of anosmia (loss of sense of smell) and altered sense of taste (dysgeusia). The loss of smell...  Read Full »

When will my sense of smell return?

Query: Hello doc. I have a concern regarding of my condition. Its been 1 month since i lost my smell but i can totally taste the food that ive eat. Im Negative at Covid test. I dont have a sinusitis and i dont Head Injury because Its all just started when im taking a cold shower and got a mild headache ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! I have a great deal of suspicion on the test conducted and i feel the covid test was falsely negative. The reason behind this is that all your features go in favour of the mild illness associated with the viral illness. Getting a rt pcr test done now wont be of much value, but if you get teste...  Read Full »

Can COVID-19 result in loss of taste and smell?

Query: I got fever 100.8 and cold 3 days back including headache after I use medicine reduced Fever , cold and headache but body pains are not yet gone also i feel little loss of taste and smell. what should i do?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: hi thnx for the query .I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from fever,cold,headache 3days back.after taking medication,ur fever,headache and cold has been subsided. but u r now suffering from body ache with loss of taste and smell. sudden loss of smell may r...  Read Full »

Can loss of smell and taste alone confirm COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I do not have a fever, but I loss my sense of taste and smell. This is already my fifth day without my sense of taste and smell. I do not have a cough or cold right now. My nose is completely dry, but a few weeks ago, I have a runny nose. I do not have diffi...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and by the nature of symptoms it appears to me as symptoms of COVID-19. There are various studies that shows, for some people, loss of smell and taste may be the first red flag that they are infected or even the only symptom. Up to 80% of people w...  Read Full »

How long does it take to regain the sense of smell and taste after COVID-19?

Query: Hello Good morning! A month back, my sense of smell and taste where gone. 10 days later, I was diagnosed with covid 19. Then 9 days later, my 2nd swab test came out negative so I beat covid! But until now, I still dont have any sense of smell and taste. I was thinking if I have a problem with my bod...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! This is perfectly normal as 70 percents of patients who have been found covid positive have Co incidently have had complains of anosmia and altered sense of taste (dysguesia). The loss and taste is sudden in 80 percent while in the rest its gradual. It is considered the virus attacks the olfact...  Read Full »

I have loss of smell and taste sensation. Is it due to COVID?

Query: Hi doctor, For as long as I can remember I have had a deviated septum which resulted in me not being able to breathe through my nose at all. I got a septorhinoplasty done three years back and a month after the surgery I was able to breathe through my nose and smell. It has been three years and...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You did not mention use of any medication. I am assuming that you are not using any medication now. It appears you have nasal allergy which can create nasal block and other associated symptoms. For COVID-19 also one of the symptoms is loss of smell and taste.  Read Full »

Why has my sense of smell not returned even after a month of COVID-19?

Query: Hi I recently tested positive for covid-19 a month back, and I had lost my sence of smell. I was symptom free after 16 days, and I have yet to gain my full sence of smell. I cant smell anything only suddle sents here and there but for the most part it not come back not sure what to do or if I will g...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! This is perfectly normal as 70 percents of patients who have been found covid positive have Co incidently have had complains of anosmia and altered sense of taste (dysguesia). The loss of smell and taste is sudden in 80 percent while in the rest its gradual. It is considered the virus attacks ...  Read Full »

How long does it take for the sense of smell to return after COVID-19?

Query: I lost my smell and taste 12 weeks ago after getting Covid 19. I got my taste back two weeks later however I still cannot smell anything at all. I have tried steam inhalation, steroid nasal spray, smell training, saline nasal spray and it has not improved. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Covid has been somewhat a new entity and thereby we have been seeing its effects in detail on the human system. Loss of smell or anosmia has been one of the peculiar atypical features of covid and there have been lots of theories and explanations behind it. In all circumstances, loss of smell ...  Read Full »