Low Back Pain

What does limbus vertebra in x-ray indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, Since May, I have been suffering from pain on my spine in my lower back. It is located around the T11 vertebrae of the thoracic spine, and it feels sore and tender to touch. It is painful and tender when I bend forward or sit back. I visited a GP and she said that she thinks it is a...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must have had injured your intervertebral disc (disc bulge) (disc provides a cushion to the vertebrae) and due to this the nerve gets irritated and hence the pain and reflex muscle spasm. Usually, the pain aggravates on bending forwards and lifting weight. Othe...  Read Full »

Why do I feel extreme fatigue and shooting pain in my back without any strenuous activities?

Query: Hello doctor, I am only 19 years old. I do not have a very physically demanding job or exercise too heavily, either. I have had extreme discomfort in my back for about two or three years now in my everyday life. Whether it be from wearing a bra that causes discomfort or sitting down too long. Recen...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, the pain is originating from the neck which could be due to faulty posture or may be due to pillow you use. Nothing to worry. All you have to do is couple of mobilization of neck and icing. With very gentle strengthening you will recover well. So my...  Read Full »

Please advise regarding my uterine fibroids.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 41 years old. I had two full term normal delivery. I do not have any menstrual problem. My cycle is regular for 28 days with three to four days of bleeding. My last menstrual period was on the 5th of this month. I have been having lower back pain and groin pain for the last 10 days. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fibroids can cause lower back pain and groin pain, especially around the time of period. However, if you do not have menstrual problems due to it, then no need for treatment. Usually, mild painkiller can be used for the pain at present along with simple home reme...  Read Full »

Why did the pain on the right side of my back move to the hips?

Query: Pain in hips. My lower back on the right side began to ache slightly and the ache moved into my hips, deep in the socket like a tooth ache but in the bone almost, it spread to my other hip and continued for the last 2 days. Only thing that helps is heat, like hot bath, today I was able to move aroun...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Rheumatologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, The common rheumatological disease for your condition which needs to be ruled out based on your history is Spondyloarthritis (SpA). SpA comprises many groups of diseases starting from ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, and others. It usually causes back pain, lower limb arthritis-like ...  Read Full »

What can be done for my mom's back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My 62 year old mother has been experiencing lower back pain for the last two to three days. She did some heavy work in the kitchen a few days ago and developed these symptoms. She has been taking one or two Crocin a day and using a hot bath, but that does not help much. Please suggest a s...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. Your mother seems to be suffering from either muscular back pain or prolapsed intervertebral disc compression. I would advise you to get an MRI lumbo-sacral spine to rule out these issues. If you have any such issues, then you would be treated acco...  Read Full »

Is swelling of feet with kidney stones a concerning issue in elderly patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 67-year-old male. I weigh about 77 kg. I am on no medications except for Aspirin 80 mg approximately 8 times for a week for occasional back pain and as a prophylactic. I have no known medical issues. I have lower back pain at times mild to severe for short durations. Massage ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Swelling in both limbs is usually related to either kidneys or heart. Rarer causes are like varicose veins which would be evident externally. But the swelling does not mean that there will be some serious issues with these organs. Simply with age, the heart becomes s...  Read Full »

Why do I lower back pain and unable to put pressure on my legs to walk?

Query: Lower back pain unable to put pressure on legs to walk. 3 weeks ago I was lifting my dog into the car. I got a sharp pain in my lower back..went away in about two days. Today I was lifting my two year old into an inflatable tube, While setting her down I had the same pain but on the mid right side o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, You need to be examined to determine if this is a back strain or a sciatica from a pinched nerve. Is there any numbness in the leg, does the leg feel weak apart from the pain you feel while trying to walk, can you control your bladder well ,does the pain worsen upon straining ? If the answer ...  Read Full »

Please tell me the reason for neck and lower back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have low back pain and neck pain, but not simultaneously. It occurs alternatively. When there is low back pain, I do not feel neck pain and vice versa. What might be the problem? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care. This is due to your faulty lifestyle. The causes can be like driving a two wheeler faster on roads that are not smoother, wrong furniture and wrong sitting posture. The corrections you need to do are driving two-wheeler slowly, get erg...  Read Full »

Why did USG at 16 weeks show separation of amnion and chorion?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is pregnant now. Her first pregnancy was completely normal. Now, at 13 weeks she had major bleeding and that took us to the ER. US showed movement and heartbeat.  Since then, she has continued to bleed with dark brown clots and occasional red blood. She had 16 week US and it sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, let me say that I am sorry for your wife's trouble in this pregnancy. It appears as if there is a placental separation and there is a chance that your wife may miscarry. Lower back ache and continuous bleeding are not very good signs of a normal pregnancy, unfortun...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my sharp low back pain followed by lifting weight?

Query: Hello doctor, About six months ago, I developed pain in my lower back mainly in my waistline towards the right side. I visited a doctor and we tried PT but it did not work. I then scheduled an appointment with a chiropractor, however, it was canceled dude to COVID-19. A couple of days ago, I was lif...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You will need some investigations to confirm the cause. However, the likely possibility is lumbar spondylosis with nerve compressions. Most importantly, you should avoid heavy activities, lifting heavy weights, etc. You will need an x-ray of spine AP (anteroposteri...  Read Full »