Low Back Pain

Are low back pain, leg pian and fatigue connected to Arnold-Chiari malformation surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with severe lower back pain, hip pain, butt and leg pain, fatigue, insomnia, hot and sweaty, pain in wrist and fingers, foot pain (left foot my toes are curved down and one is curved to the left). I do not know if this has anything to do with arthritis but there ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry you are having these symptoms. Have you had any laboratory workups done before? How about imaging studies? There are many causes of your current symptoms and this makes it more complicated since you have Arnold-Chiari malformation. This includes autoimmu...  Read Full »

MRI says Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally What does this mean?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. My MRI report says: Posterocentral protrusion of L4-5 disc is abutting the L5 nerve root bilaterally. (In MRI it is black between L4-5 and kind of poking the nerve). My back pains occasionally and I think it is the nerve which is hurting, because the pain is like a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure of your neck symptoms as the neck has nothing to do with your lower back and from your description it is not clear if you have any leg symptoms or bladder symptoms. However I need to see your MRI scan to be able to make a judgment on the further managemen...  Read Full »

I have pain that radiates from my back to the thigh. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old woman. I am suffering from a radiating pain that spreads from back to the lower half of the body. I have this issue since a year. It aggravates when I ride bike. Occasionally, the pain may also radiate upward. If I keep hard item then I get some relief. I am takin...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptom profile with long duration of pain unsettled after muscle relaxant points towards disc herniation as a probable etiology. You need to visit an orthopedic surgeon for neurological examination to look for signs of neurological impairment and get an MRI sc...  Read Full »

How is facet hypertrophy treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and suffering from facet hypertrophy. I have continuous lower back pain. I cannot stand for more than five minutes. I am taking Nuroday daily. I would like to know the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are 28 years of age and have continuous lower back pain which I think is not responding to the medications and conservative management. Normally at this age, conservative management in the form of anti-inflammatory medications, intensive phy...  Read Full »

How far will physiotherapy help lower back and hip pain with disc degeneration?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to mention all of my issues together since I think they may be related to each other. I have been suffering from lower back, glute, hip pain that radiates down my legs sometimes into my heels even, for around five years. This began after a hard fall onto my right buttock, al...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the discs in the MRI that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I do not think there is a cause of leg pain there. Degeneration of discs leads to overload and pain in the back with local radiation. Leg pain comes from disc pathology wit...  Read Full »

I became obese after delivery with low back pain which radiates to abdomen. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I have a 7-year-old and a 2-year-old kid. After my son's birth, I have gained quite a bit of weight just a little over the obese range. I say this because I do not know if it has anything to do with my problem. I am writing because I am having trouble finding onlin...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your pain, but I will try my best to help you. From history, the lower back pain may be related to mechanical or disc protrusion (PIVD) or some rare conditions like a kidney stone, or pelvic inflammatory disease. Mechanical and PIVD (prolapsed...  Read Full »

What is the reason for acute lower back pain aggravates on sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing acute pain on the left side of the lower back since last night. Suddenly, I was unable to bend forward at all and started feeling extreme pain while sitting. The pain is radiating from the lower back to the left hip. Even after 12 hours, the pain has not reduced a bi...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally have seen many cases like this at my clinic. I advise them rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets, and ice pack till the symptoms reduce to some extent. Then I get an x-ray and if necessar...  Read Full »

Is chiropractic treament the only option for shooting pain in lower back and buttocks?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I currently have unbearable pain in my lower back and buttocks area. Every time I get up, the pain gets much worse and feel shooting pain down my leg, which gets me to a point that I have to pause two to five seconds. I went to a chiropractor yesterday and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. Medications like Methylcobalamine with Pregabalin and analgesic will reduce pain. You can take them consulting your treating doctor. Some exercises which can be done after pain have reduced include spine extension exercises, lying on your s...  Read Full »

Please interpret the findings of MRI spine.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I have low back pain with bilateral hiop and leg pain to the knees for several years. I have fibromyalgia, scoliosis and my left leg is 7m shorter than my right leg. My MRI result indicates: Large broad-based right paracentral disc protrusion at L4-5 and c...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vertebrae has a central canal where the nerves from the brain run to reach the legs. At each vertebrae level, there is a shock absorber called the disc. Often this gets displaced due to the pressure put on it and it starts to put pressure on the nerves that run d...  Read Full »

How does spondylolisthesis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old dance fitness instructor. I came to know that I have grade 2 spondylolisthesis of L5-S1. I do not experience severe pain. But, in the case of heavy jerk or periods, it pains in the lower back. I have reduced my activity since I know the issue. Also, I am on regular thy...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your spondylolisthesis will not cause any significant problems for childbirth except pain. The pain that you experience will be slightly more as compared to normal individuals. Do not worry. Please do all heavy activities like dancing under utmost care, but do not lift he...  Read Full »