Low Back Pain

How far will physiotherapy help lower back and hip pain with disc degeneration?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to mention all of my issues together since I think they may be related to each other. I have been suffering from lower back, glute, hip pain that radiates down my legs sometimes into my heels even, for around five years. This began after a hard fall onto my right buttock, al...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the discs in the MRI that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I do not think there is a cause of leg pain there. Degeneration of discs leads to overload and pain in the back with local radiation. Leg pain comes from disc pathology wit...  Read Full »

I became obese after delivery with low back pain which radiates to abdomen. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I have a 7-year-old and a 2-year-old kid. After my son's birth, I have gained quite a bit of weight just a little over the obese range. I say this because I do not know if it has anything to do with my problem. I am writing because I am having trouble finding onlin...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your pain, but I will try my best to help you. From history, the lower back pain may be related to mechanical or disc protrusion (PIVD) or some rare conditions like a kidney stone, or pelvic inflammatory disease. Mechanical and PIVD (prolapsed...  Read Full »

What is the reason for acute lower back pain aggravates on sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing acute pain on the left side of the lower back since last night. Suddenly, I was unable to bend forward at all and started feeling extreme pain while sitting. The pain is radiating from the lower back to the left hip. Even after 12 hours, the pain has not reduced a bi...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally have seen many cases like this at my clinic. I advise them rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets, and ice pack till the symptoms reduce to some extent. Then I get an x-ray and if necessar...  Read Full »

Is chiropractic treament the only option for shooting pain in lower back and buttocks?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I currently have unbearable pain in my lower back and buttocks area. Every time I get up, the pain gets much worse and feel shooting pain down my leg, which gets me to a point that I have to pause two to five seconds. I went to a chiropractor yesterday and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. Medications like Methylcobalamine with Pregabalin and analgesic will reduce pain. You can take them consulting your treating doctor. Some exercises which can be done after pain have reduced include spine extension exercises, lying on your s...  Read Full »

Please interpret the findings of MRI spine.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I have low back pain with bilateral hiop and leg pain to the knees for several years. I have fibromyalgia, scoliosis and my left leg is 7m shorter than my right leg. My MRI result indicates: Large broad-based right paracentral disc protrusion at L4-5 and c...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vertebrae has a central canal where the nerves from the brain run to reach the legs. At each vertebrae level, there is a shock absorber called the disc. Often this gets displaced due to the pressure put on it and it starts to put pressure on the nerves that run d...  Read Full »

How does spondylolisthesis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old dance fitness instructor. I came to know that I have grade 2 spondylolisthesis of L5-S1. I do not experience severe pain. But, in the case of heavy jerk or periods, it pains in the lower back. I have reduced my activity since I know the issue. Also, I am on regular thy...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your spondylolisthesis will not cause any significant problems for childbirth except pain. The pain that you experience will be slightly more as compared to normal individuals. Do not worry. Please do all heavy activities like dancing under utmost care, but do not lift he...  Read Full »

Why is there lower back pain and left hip pain with spasm after chiropractic manipulation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently experiencing severe lower back and left hip pain and spasms. I have a history of a slight disk herniation at L5-S1 with no nerve impingement. I believe this flare-up began two weeks ago when I attended my first chiropractic visit. The pain became so severe, I broke d...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and suggest to do the following. Take analgesics, and muscle relaxants. Apply hot packs, and Diclofenac gel locally where you feel any tenderness. Either lie in bed or stand. Sit for short durations only, less than 20 minutes at a stretch...  Read Full »

How to deal with back pain due to physical exertion and trauma?

Query: Hello doctor, I was practicing sports last sunday and did a flip. I kind of landed short, and the impact from my feet hurt my back. It was difficult to walk, and my back was paining, I could barely walk, and could not bend forward at all. I went to the ER, and all they did was an X-ray on my lumbar...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Back pain following physical exertion or trauma may be due to injury to tendons, ligaments, muscles, disc, bones or vertebre, and local nerves.Any undue stress or twisting movement leads to muscle or ligament sprain leading to low backache, which is excruciating and ...  Read Full »

What does neural foramina are widely patent in lumbar spine MRI mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe back pain, so I got an MRI of the lumbar spine. I do not understand the findings. Please explain the MRI findings to me. The report read, five non-rib-bearing lumbar vertebral bodies are identified. For purposes of numbering, the L5/S1 level corresponds to axia...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your MRI report. This report is suggestive of some strain in your back muscles, in particular on the right side. If your low back pain is more on right side and started suddenly following some strenuous activity or a jerk while doing something, thi...  Read Full »

What can be done for extreme lower back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have extreme lower back pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more information about your symptoms, duration, intensity with time of the day and with movements, any relieving factors, and treatment sought and the effects, any leg symptoms and radiation of pain to the leg, and any bowel complaints like loss of control of ...  Read Full »