Low Back Pain

How does spondylolisthesis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old dance fitness instructor. I came to know that I have grade 2 spondylolisthesis of L5-S1. I do not experience severe pain. But, in the case of heavy jerk or periods, it pains in the lower back. I have reduced my activity since I know the issue. Also, I am on regular thy...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your spondylolisthesis will not cause any significant problems for childbirth except pain. The pain that you experience will be slightly more as compared to normal individuals. Do not worry. Please do all heavy activities like dancing under utmost care, but do not lift he...  Read Full »

Why is there lower back pain and left hip pain with spasm after chiropractic manipulation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently experiencing severe lower back and left hip pain and spasms. I have a history of a slight disk herniation at L5-S1 with no nerve impingement. I believe this flare-up began two weeks ago when I attended my first chiropractic visit. The pain became so severe, I broke d...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and suggest to do the following. Take analgesics, and muscle relaxants. Apply hot packs, and Diclofenac gel locally where you feel any tenderness. Either lie in bed or stand. Sit for short durations only, less than 20 minutes at a stretch...  Read Full »

How to deal with back pain due to physical exertion and trauma?

Query: Hello doctor, I was practicing sports last sunday and did a flip. I kind of landed short, and the impact from my feet hurt my back. It was difficult to walk, and my back was paining, I could barely walk, and could not bend forward at all. I went to the ER, and all they did was an X-ray on my lumbar...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Back pain following physical exertion or trauma may be due to injury to tendons, ligaments, muscles, disc, bones or vertebre, and local nerves.Any undue stress or twisting movement leads to muscle or ligament sprain leading to low backache, which is excruciating and ...  Read Full »

What does neural foramina are widely patent in lumbar spine MRI mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe back pain, so I got an MRI of the lumbar spine. I do not understand the findings. Please explain the MRI findings to me. The report read, five non-rib-bearing lumbar vertebral bodies are identified. For purposes of numbering, the L5/S1 level corresponds to axia...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your MRI report. This report is suggestive of some strain in your back muscles, in particular on the right side. If your low back pain is more on right side and started suddenly following some strenuous activity or a jerk while doing something, thi...  Read Full »

What can be done for extreme lower back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have extreme lower back pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more information about your symptoms, duration, intensity with time of the day and with movements, any relieving factors, and treatment sought and the effects, any leg symptoms and radiation of pain to the leg, and any bowel complaints like loss of control of ...  Read Full »

Is there any belt that can help lumbago?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old and working in the army. I have acute lumbago. The day before yesterday, I had a sudden jerk while playing and continued getting extremely painful spasms that night. I was given covering injections, and the spasms subsided. The pain is still there, and I want to get rid o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is usually no belt that will help for lumbago (low back pain) unless you are having painful spasms as that will limit movements. So, if your spasms have stopped, then no need for a belt. I suggest you take regular NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory d...  Read Full »

Does an elongated tailbone affect growth?

Query: Hi doctor, My 11 year old daughter, who weighs 35 kg and is 4.10 feet tall, is suffering from pain in the tailbone. The x-ray revealed that it is a congenital elongated tailbone. The report read, coccyx shows longitudinal clefting, which appears to be congenital variation. She has been advised to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I wish you had included the x-ray with the detailed description. The symptoms will depend on the size of the coccyx. As the child grows, the pelvis may grow at a faster rate and the coccyx may become less prominent. So, I will delay the surgery till the child attains ...  Read Full »

Is knee cracking a sign of vitamin D deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, My query is regarding knee joint and lower back pain. I usually get a cracking sound when I bend my knees and while getting up. The sound is not accompanied by pain. Is this a cause of concern? Please let me know if any test or x-ray needs to be done. I am also having lower back pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope this message finds you in good health. You are right. The cracking sounds that you hear in the joints are due to calcium and vitamin D deficiency. These sounds do not mean that bones rub against each other. It means that air bubbles burst inside the joint. These sou...  Read Full »

How long does spinal self fusion take?

Query: Hi doctor, I have constant low back pain. The pain is radiating from the lower back to the buttocks and both legs. There is a tingling sensation after exercise and walking. Before five years, I had a bad episode of back pain with sciatica. I was told that it was a slipped disc but did not get a sca...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the time required for fusion, it is highly variable and thus tough to say. I need to explain here that this process is usually a very slow one and occurs irregularly. For example, it can proceed 5% for a month and then stop. After a couple of days or months, it...  Read Full »

Is lower back pain after C-section normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old woman. I had a C-section before 8 years. Occasionally since then, I am having light to medium pain in the lower back. In the last few months, the pain has increased and is regular now. Especially, in the lower back on the both sides of center bone. I can localize the p...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having sciatic root pains from the lumbar region (back), which is giving you back pain and the pain is radiating towards the leg. You need to do MRI lumbosacral region. You also need to do work up for arthritis, which includes ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation...  Read Full »