Q. I get excruciating pain while walking due to an injury. Please help.

Dr. Mohammed Wajid
This is a premium question & answer published on May 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

I hurt myself two days ago and it seemed to be getting better. But today it is worse than when it started. Most of the pain is in the right side area. Today, I cannot walk due to excruciating pain. The only relief is laying flat on my back or standing at the foot of the bed and bent over with my face on the mattress. As said, I was doing better the past two days but yesterday I laid flat down on the bed while my husband rubs my legs and I was propped up on my forearms and I am wondering if that did not make things worse. I felt pretty good when getting out of the bed and during the shower and then the pain started to come back and quickly accelerated to not being able to even sit in a chair due to excruciating pain. Again, as long as I am lying flat I do not feel it at all but if I try to move side to side I feel excruciating pain.

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapy
#

I can understand the pain you are suffering from. It is nothing but low back pain radiated to the leg. Due to constant stress and improper posture you get this. Taking rest and doing simple exercises will help reduce pain and also you can take Advil (Ibuprofen) for quick relief. An MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of LS (lumbar spine) would help to know better what exactly the problem is.

Here are some exercises you need to do slowly without any pressure.

1. Low back stretch.

2. Straight leg raising.

3. Piriformis stretch.

4. Bridge.

5. Leg sliding.

5. Waist lifting.

6. Deep abdominal strengthening.

These exercises will not only reduce pain but also gives strength to the muscles. Apply heat pad thrice a day.

Follow up with MRI reports.

Stress, improper posture.

MRI lumbar spine.

Exercises. Advil tablet.

With MRI reports.

| 

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »

I have low back pain and frequent urination after sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old and have suffered from bouts of prostatitis a few times. I have not had an intimate life for many years. Now, I am having an intimate life with one person, who is clean as well as I am. After vigorous sex, I am having frequent urination, especially at night. I was wonder...  Read Full »

Are low back pain, leg pian and fatigue connected to Arnold-Chiari malformation surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with severe lower back pain, hip pain, butt and leg pain, fatigue, insomnia, hot and sweaty, pain in wrist and fingers, foot pain (left foot my toes are curved down and one is curved to the left). I do not know if this has anything to do with arthritis but there ar...  Read Full »

Ask a Chiropractor Now