Q. I have severe low back pain while stretching, standing and sitting. Please help.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

My lower back pains extremely bad when I stretch backward or forward. It is painful to sit as well as while standing. When I press my back I feel no pain, but the pain starts as soon as my back stretches. Also, my legs shiver due to pain. What is the reason?

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Surgery
#

I would like to know, what do you do and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?

| 

I am a student. I have very less physical activity and I just do some yoga.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

#

Well, there are only muscles that support the spine. Otherwise, the spine is not made to bear so much weight. If muscles get weak, then you will have back pain. There are two parts of the treatment.

1. To get rid of the pain which you are having now, for that you can take pain killers.

2. To reduce the chances of this pain coming back again and again. For that, you need to change your lifestyle. Maintain proper posture. Do back strengthening exercise for 10 minutes twice daily. Do regular walking for 45 minutes at a stretch daily.

You have mentioned that your pain is also going to the buttocks. This is the symptom of nerve compression. For that, you need to start neurotropic medications.

| 

But from yesterday, I cannot even sit or stand. What can I do now?

Dr. Anuj Gupta

#

Start with tablet Ultracet one tablet TDS and capsule Pregabalin 75 mg at night.

| 

Are there any tests available to check pelvic muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pelvic muscle weakness. I want to know is there any blood tests or any other diagnosis.  Read Full »

I have low back pain and frequent urination after sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old and have suffered from bouts of prostatitis a few times. I have not had an intimate life for many years. Now, I am having an intimate life with one person, who is clean as well as I am. After vigorous sex, I am having frequent urination, especially at night. I was wonder...  Read Full »

Please suggest some painkiller for my back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female, who is suffering from severe back pain. I am a teacher and have a 7 months old child. When I am at work, I have back pains at the end of the backbone, on the right side over the kidney. I got an ultrasound and an x-ray of the back. And I do not have any kidney s...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now