Q. Is it normal to get lower back pain after the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I got my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine three days ago. I had to stand in the queue for more than an hour to get the vaccine. Since that day, I have been suffering from lower back pain, and it does not get better even after taking enough rest. The lower back pain is severe, which makes me unable to lie down or sit. I get relief only while walking. I used to have lower back pain after kitchen chores or on my periods which were cured after rest. I dont have any other symptoms, and I do not take any other medicines. I used to have back pain after kitchen chores

Could you please tell me the cause of this pain?

Thanks.

#

Thank you for writing, and I can understand your concern.

Most people experience body aches and severe backaches after vaccination, which is due to our body's response. I suggest you take tablet Dolo 650 twice a day after meal for three days, and you will be fine. It is physiological, so you do not have to worry as it will subside after a few days.

As you have a prior history of back pain, I suggest you do an x-ray of the lower back once and send me. I will check and let you know.

Would you please tell me which vaccine did you take?

|