Q. My lower back hurts a lot. What to do?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

I have hurt my lower back assumably while pushing a full set of drawers, around four to five months ago. I was in physiotherapy, but I have been discharged and I am waiting to see a specialist. I have been told that it may be an inflammatory problem. My skin is extremely sensitive in my lower back. My lower back hurts a lot and aches. I get constant muscle spasm and cramps all down my left and right legs as well as pins and needles in both feet. I have taken Codeine, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen, but nothing worked.

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert Nutritionist Physiotherapy Yoga
#

• First of all, go for a diagnostic test like x-ray or MRI, so that we can get confirmed regarding the cause. Before that in order to relieve pain do stretching exercises as follows.
  • Lie down flat (face upward) on a mat, put a long bedsheet or towel behind your both legs and try to pull your legs with the towel towards your upper body. Do this thrice daily (20 repeat) in each session.
  • Lie on your abdomen with face facing downward; put three pillows underneath your abdomen so that your lower back facing upward is lifted up. Remain in that position for 15 minutes thrice daily.
  • You can use a lumbosacral belt if possible after getting confirmed by x-ray or MRI reports.
  • Do cat-camel exercise. Come to quadruped position with hands and knee support on the floor, while inhaling move your spine up and head down and on exhalation move your spine down and head up.

Injury.

X-ray and MRI.

Avoid stooping posture, long standing and long sitting.

Revert back with the reports to a physiotherapist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

| 
1 out of 1 likes