Q. Please see the MRI and suggest treatment for right lower back pain.

Answered by
Dr. Atul Prakash
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2021

Hi doctor,

I have right lower back pain from the past two years. I have enclosed my MRI reports. I take Nucoxia 60, whenever needed, 3 to 4 days when pain increases. I cannot tolerate anti-inflammatory medicine due to stomach upset. The pain always remains, but it reduces when I lie on my stomach. It increases on lying on the back, sitting, and standing. All blood tests including RA factor, HLA-B27, etc., are normal. Please see the MRI and advise diagnosis and treatment.



Welcome to

I would have preferred to see the MRI films myself rather than just the to report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • You seem to be describing symptoms of back pain rather than leg pain. This matches with the MRI report that does not show a disc prolapse. Disc bulges are common with age and do not equate to a disc prolapse.
  • What you need to do is the following:
  1. Look at your sitting posture especially, if you have a sitting job, Read about ergonomic office chair position and follow the instructions.
  2. See a good physiotherapist and start doing core strengthening exercises and avoid any exercise that aggravates the pain.
  3. Get some manual therapy over the tender spots with myofascial release done by the physiotherapist.
  4. Get shortwave diathermy of IFT (interferential therapy) or TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation), whichever is available, or the physiotherapist feels the need.
  5. I suggest Ultracet (Acetaminophen and Tramadol) tablets for pain, and this will not upset your tummy.
  6. Apply Voveran TPM gel (Diclofenac) locally.
  7. Do moisture heat pack for pain relief.

Number 1 and 2 are the most important. The exercises will help improve muscle strength and help with pain.

For more information consult a fitness expert online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

.. report, there is a possibility of malignancy. Cancer of the uterus is more likely. Do CA 125 level, CT scan abdomen and pelvis, X-ray, sonography, PET scan and consult a gynecologist near you and also take an opinion from an oncosurgeon. Doctors...   Read full

Is Amitriptyline better for tension-type headaches?

.. your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. While considering your symptoms in totality and reviewing diagnosis made by other doctors in the past, I feel a fair trial of low dose Amitriptyline should be given. Most of my patients ...   Read full

My child struggles and tenses up so hard to pass stools. Is there something she can be given to overcome this?

Hello doctor, My 78 year old father has had a pacemaker for five years. The pacemaker is working. But his heart is becoming weaker and more dependent on the pacemaker. He now has a low resting heart rate. What causes this? What is the treatment?...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Coronavirus Variant Arcturus: | Omicron XBB.1.16 Variant
Arcturus is an emerging variant of the Omicron virus that causes various symptoms and spreads rapidly across the world. ...  Read more»
Adrenaline Rush - Symptoms, Causes, Effects, and How to Control
Adrenaline is a hormone responsible for fight or flight response. It is also a neurotransmitter and medicine. It is also...  Read more»
Fatty Liver - Types, Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume. and filte...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Fitness Expert Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.