Q. My BP is 111/63 mmHg. Is this normal?

Published on Mar 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2019

I am feeling very dizzy lately, and I have lost a lot of weight without dieting. I am suffering from headaches a lot. This morning, I was shaking so much, which lasted for about two hours. I checked my blood pressure, and it was 111/63 mmHg. Is this normal?

#

Thanks for your query.

• Blood pressure of 111/63 mmHg is lower than the normal limit. Low blood pressure can occur in internal blood loss sometimes. There could be lots of reason for getting dizzy and weight loss. You need to be examined and investigated with relevant tests to reach the cause of your symptoms.
  • I would suggest you consult a physician and carry out complete blood count, liver and kidney function test, urine examination, and fasting blood glucose to confirm the cause of your symptoms. Treatment will proceed accordingly.

Thanks.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have weight loss due to digestion issues. How to gain the weight back?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from digestion issues, mostly bloating, from more than seven months. While taking medicines, I was feeling fine, and once I stopped them, my symptoms recurred. My present symptoms include indigestion, constipation, improper motions, low appetite, weight loss, inabilit...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). As far as your questions are concerned, the following are my answers. Just go on an empty stomach so that if required, they can do an endoscopy. All the tests can be performed on an empty stomach. I personal...  Read Full

High Blood Pressure: Things You Need To Know!!

Article Overview: High blood pressure is a very common condition with serious consequences if left untreated. This article is aimed at providing basic knowledge about the causes, treatment, complications and prognosis of hypertension. Read Article

High Blood Pressure or Hypertension is a very common and serious condition which if untreated may lead to permanent and often fatal damage to various organs of the body including the heart, kidneys, brain and eyes. Hypertension means the pressure of the blood inside the blood vessels is higher than ...  Read Article

Can CMV or herpes infection before or after birth affect pregnancy or child?

Query: Hello doctor, I am in 36th week of pregnancy. My last ultrasound was doppler happened at 34th week 5 days. I showed the pregnancy of 32 weeks 5 days with mild IUGR. Fetal weight 1885 grams. My gynecologist advised CBC, and Torch IgM, IgG tests. In the CBC test, total leucocyte count is 13300/cumm, ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini Ekatpure

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your baby growth is lagging behind. I need weekly no stress test and ultrasound with doppler every 10 days. Do the following things for baby's well being. Maintain daily baby kick count and note down between 9 AM to 9 PM. Blood pressure monitoring on an alternate day. U...  Read Full