Q. Will a low-carb diet cause blood sugar to fall?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2022

I am 25 years old. I began to follow a healthy diet a couple of months ago. So, I reduced sugars. Sometimes, I feel hypoglycemic and feel uncomfortable rising in the heart/chest area with a little pain. But, when I take sugars in moderate amounts, I feel comfortable in this area. But the effect remains, I do not know. And, I also do exercise and I feel really good when I move the chest muscles during the exercise. But when I stop the uncomfortable feeling is back. There is also a presence of light gas and burning in the stomach and I feel a slight tension in the neck area as well. What is the diagnosis?

#

I went through your post. Your BMI (body mass index) is very low, just lower limit of normal and obviously, your reserve glucose will also be low. You will feel hypoglycemic especially during work out and it will take you months to stabilize at this diet and exercise. However, carbs are important especially when you are doing work out.

So, what causes the symptoms? Sure it is not related to any heart problems?

#

No, it has nothing to do with the heart. It is of a musculoskeletalorigin. The symptoms due to musculoskeletal origin can be aggravated by vitamin D deficiency, especially in people who have very less sunlight exposure.

The pain of the heart is aggravated by exercise and in your case, it is the opposite of that. So, there is no heart issue. I can assure you that. Continue the workout and increase your calorie intake and start vitamin D supplements or get tested for its deficiency.

|