Low Cortisol

What is an acceptable level of cortisol in someone with PTSD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. What is the normal range of cortisol in a 24-hour collected urine probe? Is having too low cortisol levels in 24-hours collected urine probe a clinical matter? In the last six months, I had three urine testings with the account of cortisol between 10-12 &micr...  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned why you got your urine cortisol levels checked. The normal cortisol levels vary between 10 to 100 micrograms and vary from one person to another and is affected by many factors. What are the symptoms you are experiencing? Are you having any sl...  Read Full »

All my reports are normal but I still have gynecomastia. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I had prolactinoma diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism. I was treated with cabergoline and hydrocortisone for a few years and then taken off hydrocortisone when the adrenals began to function properly. My most recent blood tests came back normal, and I was tested for loads of other...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gynecomastia could be due to a testosterone deficiency, thyroid disorder or adrenal insufficiency in your case. Since your prolactin levels are normal and there is no further growth, it is no longer due to the prolactinoma. I would suggest you have your serum testoster...  Read Full »

Why am I having low BP and severe intolerance to stress?

Query: Hi doctor, I have severe intolerance to stress, low blood pressure, dehydration, hyperpigmentation and a lot of other troublesome symptoms. When I eat my face flushes and my heart rate goes up and my body sweats. I have carbohydrate intolerance as well. My skin is brown in color with a lot of freckl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keeping in light all the symptoms you have mentioned, you are most likely suffering from adrenal insufficiency. There are two types and the hyperpigmentation usually occurs in primary type also known as Addison's disease. I am taking the AM cortisol as low. I am not su...  Read Full »