Q. My body hurts at night whether I do exercise or not. Is it because of the FODMAP diet?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

My body hurts at night when I try to sleep. It hurts whether I have had any exercise or not. Even when I do exercise, it probably is not sufficient. Tylenol usually helps. I have digestive issues and am trying the FODMAP diet (for the past week), but I cannot tell if it is helping yet. I have had something similar with one bicep, but not with my whole body. I take Sertraline. I should take EnBrace, but I often skip it. My recent blood work is normal. Why do I hurt so much? Please help me.

#

I understand your concern. First of all, I would suggest you send me your blood reports, and I will go through them once and let you know. Another thing is such weakness is due to Vitamin deficiencies such as B12 or D3. So have to test these two, and then treatment can be given accordingly. Physical exercises lead to muscle pain, but that is seen only in the beginning weeks later on. If you do continues exercise, then there should be nobody pain. Mostly it is due to Vitamin deficiencies only or not taking proper diet.

Do you have yellow color urine? Is there any burning sensation while urinating? Please let me know because urine infection also causes weakness, and it is very common in females. I suggest you take Calcium with a Vitamin-D3 tablet once a day before sleeping for ten days. Please get back with the answers so that I can guide you accordingly.

|