Low Glycemic Index Fruits

How to handle hemorrhoids that affect my mood badly?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an eating disorder before 16 years. It stressed my health very severely for around 5 years. Now, I am 35 years old. Also, I suffer from hemorrhoids, which affect my mood very severely. I have social impairments as my emotions are no longer clean. This is really an important issue f...  Read Full »

Dr. Youness Tanani

Nutritionist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For hemorrhoids, Tronolane (Pramoxine) is the best, if are external already. But, if are internal hemorrhoids, then need to follow another way of treatment. Losing weight is normal in your case, because you are losing red blood cells by the hemorrhoids. To my best knowled...  Read Full »

Does sugar found naturally in milk and fruits count towards the daily sugar intake?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to ask about daily sugar intake. Does sugar like fructose, lactose found naturally in milk and fruits count towards the daily sugar intake? I mean if I eat an apple that contains 10 g of sugar and then drink a coffee with 5 grams sugar in it, does it mean that there is 15 g o...  Read Full »

Dr. Safina Mithani

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sugars from fruits and milk are different from sugars that you normally add in to your diet. Fructose and lactose are two different compounds, and sugar is glucose. In simple terms, if you want to keep a count on your sugar intake, check your daily sugar in form of gram...  Read Full »

What are the health benefits of guava?

Query: Hello doctor, How does guava help boost weight loss? Can guava extract help in prostate cancer prevention? How does guava work as a remedy for cold? Why is guava recommended for better brain health? What can guava's high vitamin A content do for our eyesight? What are the other benefits of co...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Guava helps in weight loss as it contains roughage or fibers. Fibers include both soluble and insoluble fiber. Fibers are the part of plant foods. Not all fibers are completely digested by the human body, hence they will not add to your calories, but they add bulk to th...  Read Full »

Please recommend some supplements to reduce HbA1c.

Query: Hi doctor, My HbA1c is around 6.0 %. Several years ago, it was used to be at 5.2 %. Can you recommend some supplements to reduce HbA1c?  Read Full »

Dr. Fatemeh Jadidi

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HbA1c level (glycated hemoglobin) goes up when your body is unable to control glucose accurately and when the insulin sensitivity is low. You have not mentioned the treatment taken for diabetes. I assume that you are prediabetic and I am giving the following instruction...  Read Full »