Low Iron

I suffer from extensive hair loss. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old and having an extensive hair loss. The middle part of my head is almost bald. I am losing a lot of hair on the left. Currently, I have taken no medical help. I am also having black spots all over my legs and arms. Also, I have these little eruptions on my head and it is i...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pattern of your hair loss is suggestive of hormonal etiology. Kindly mention if there is any family history of baldness in females. Mention if you are suffering from any thyroid disorders, have been on any crash diets, leading a stressful life or any other he...  Read Full »

Are my iron and ferritin levels low due to Azithromycin or heavy menstrual flow?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to ask you something just to be sure. This month I used Azithromycin 500 mg for three days due to my vaginal problems. I used probiotics as well, with time gaps between antibiotics and probiotics, of course. When I stopped with antibiotics, I have continued my probiotics ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Katarya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Azithromycin is not associated with any lower hemoglobin levels. It might be due to some other reason. You need to start on some iron supplements. Sometimes, in spite of taking an iron-rich diet, its absorption is lowered due to faulty diet habits like taking iron-ri...  Read Full »

Do my blood reports suggest I am anemic?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got a blood test done. Please find the attached reports. Please let me know if I need to take any specific medicine. When I searched on the internet, I found that I may be anemic. Please reply.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). High TIBC (total iron binding capacity) indicates low iron in the body. Low transferrin saturation again indicates low iron and so does the low mean corpuscle volume. I suggest you tab...  Read Full »

Will iron supplement taken for low iron further increase my RBC levels?

Query: Hello doctor, A couple of months ago, I started having weakness and trouble breathing. On getting blood tests done, I had a hemoglobin of 12.9, so I was told it is likely not anemia. I was taking supplements for vitamin B 12 and vitamin D. The symptoms seemed to improve. However, the breathing pro...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can complete the course of Orofer XT (Ferrous ascorbate and Folic acid). Orofer might increase your RBC count slightly. However, do not worry about that. Your RBC count are borderline high for which there is no need for much worry. MCH (mean corpuscular hemoglob...  Read Full »

Iron Deficiency Cause a Pain around the Belly Button

Query: Hello doctor,A few days ago one of my female friends had pain around the belly button. She went to a physician and was told that it could be because of a decrease in iron in the blood. Does iron deficiency relate to pain near the stomach? What can be the other causes?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it can be related. One of the causes of a low hemoglobin count is low iron in the body, which may occur either due to inadequate diet or excessive loss from the stools or menstruation. There are multiple causes, and we need to confirm it by hemoglobin level, ser...  Read Full »

My platelet is high with 4 gm hemoglobin. What is my problem?

Query: Hello doctor, My platelet count was 974, hemoglobin was 4, sedimentation rate was >140, and iron was 7 with a saturation of 1%. I went to the doctor because I lost vision in one eye for about an hour. They have done and MRI, and EKG both normal. Two units of blood and iron transfusions started...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq.com. Your transferrin saturation and Hb seems very low. If you provide full CBC (complete blood count) report then it can be clear whether it is iron deficiency anemia or hemolytic anemia. Platelet count here can be high as a result of reactive thrombocytosis. It is be...  Read Full »

My iron level is 6.2. What can I do to raise it?

Query: Hello doctor, My iron level was tested, and it was 6.2, after which I was sent home from the ER. What can I do to raise it fast?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. Your iron level is very low. For that, I suggest you take Orofer XT like ferrous ascorbate containing tablet which contains more elemental iron. It should be considered for at least three to four-month according to your hemoglobin level. So if you can provide yo...  Read Full »

What can be done for low vitamin D, B12 and iron levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother got full body check up. Please check the report and guide us. Her vitamin D, B12, iron are less and it is showing alert in blood test. She has weakness, body swelling in summer, pain in leg, and tiredness.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her liver profile, kidney profiles, thyroid reports, iron profile reports and hemoglobin levels are absolutely normal. So liver disease, renal disease, thyroid problem, iron deficienc...  Read Full »

My 3-year-old child has low iron level since 5 months. What is wrong with him?

Query: Hello doctor,Child aged 3 years. Iron level is 26 continuously since when he was 5 months old. Even though taking various iron supplements since first diagnosed at 5 months. Huge problems are sleeping, itchy skin, and mood swings. Nobody can tell me what is wrong? Is this all related?  Read Full »

Dr. Laurent Hiffler

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would be very dishonest to give you a miraculous answer after a two sentences question about something that seems going on for more than two years. Full clinical examination, growth monitoring, blood test (is iron? or ferritin?) vitamin B, immune system, need to h...  Read Full »

My transferrin saturation, and iron levels are low but hemoglobin is fine. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have psoriasis for a long time for which I have been taking Methotrexate. Last week I got my iron studies and blood test done. My transferrin saturation, and total iron levels are low but hemoglobin is fine. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your transferrin saturation and iron level are mildly decreased, and your hemoglobin level is normal. So you do not have iron deficiency anemia, but it can be an early sign of iron deficiency. You need to investigate with serum ferritin level because that indicates i...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99