Q. My iron level is 6. 2. What are the ways to increase my iron level quickly?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2019

My iron level was tested, and it was 6.2, after which I was sent home from the ER. What can I do to raise it fast?

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

Your iron level is very low. For that, I suggest you take Orofer XT like ferrous ascorbate containing tablet which contains more elemental iron. It should be considered for at least three to four-month according to your hemoglobin level.

So if you can provide your hemoglobin level or if you attach CBC (complete blood count) report than I can guide you further. I suggest you take the tablet mentioned above along with orange juice to increase the absorption of the iron tablet. I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

| 

How to treat iron deficiency anemia?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 13 years old. She is having moderate to severe stomach pain for a year. We thought that it was related to constipation. After a few weeks, my daughter started to have a headache, feeling of dizziness, and shortness of breath. She had a habit of eating ice all the time. Her...  Read Full »

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

Why is my daughter's hemoglobin level low?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 years old daughter is diabetic since 1.5 years of age and she is also anemic. Sugar is not much a concern. Recently, we got her blood test done and her hemoglobin is 10 and serum ferritin is 1.71. I have given her Iron supplement for over eight months now. Since then, this is her thi...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now