Q. Unless I take medication, I do not get sexual desire. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 11, 2020

I am a 29 year old male. Earlier, I was very much sexually active. Then, I found that I am not sexually aroused and so visited a sexologist. He told me that I have a low libido problem. He did a blood examination and found my testosterone is 3.72 ng/mL. He suggested me to take Androsar 40 mg, T-Fil 10 mg, Edrive and Nano Leo for 45 days. Everything was fine during the medication, but after 15 days I felt the same problem. I am getting married in three months. I do not smoke or drink. I also started going to the gym and doing yoga on a regular basis. Please help me.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• Decreased desire is often the result of low testosterone in most adults and I think there is a need to test the serum testosterone level after treatment if not done.
  • In case serum testosterone level is still low, then you can ask your doctor to prescribe Androstar (natural testosterone) for longer periods as sometime takes more than expected time to get back the normal testosterone level.
  • In addition, I will request you monitor early morning erections. Please monitor them regularly and make inference, whether they are regular or not.
  • Also, make a note of the frequency of early morning erections in a week.
  • I also like to inform you that your decision to go for regular exercise and yoga is likely to yield positive results over time and there is a need to continue them with utmost sincerity.
  • I must assure you that for a 29 year male response to the prescribed medication shows bright chance of sexual recovery and I do not think there is a need to worry at this level.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 
From last two days I found early morning erection is not much harder. Where as frequency of erection is 3 to 4 days in a week. I am worrying because I never felt like this and it's happen suddenand i am getting married in next 3 months.

# Dear Uday,
Thanks for reverting back to me.

There are two important things to understand.

First an occasional failure to achieve erection is never abnormal. I mean to say that we as human being fail in one or other activities through out our life and sex is not an exception. If you do not get erection on one occasion it should not be taken in that wrong spirit like"I am no more a man" or I can not do or I have a serious problem.
On similar lines I like to inform you that the intensity of early morning erection is not that significant. The presence of early morning erection indicates that structurally there is nothing abnormal and the problem is most likely contributed by some other factors.

The second important thing is about stress. To date stress is the greatest enemy of your sexual performance. Any kind of stress whether related to sex toward your or other domains of life results in poor sexual performance. My point is about your worries which is related to your sexual performance.

As it is clear from the above discussion there is no structural abnormality and low testosterone level is treatable condition we need to stop worrying. I understand that you have started doing many positive activities like gym and yoga but stress management is the cornerstone to yield positive results.

To add the treatment process I think you can continue nano leo as we can use it for three months to have full correction of deficiency of essential elements required for sexual performance.

I hope this assists you further.
Thanks and regards.

|