Q. I have a low sexual drive, and lubricating gel is not helping. What to do?

Answered by
Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2021

Hi doctor,

I have a low sexual drive. The first time I had intercourse, it was fine. But after that, I started having lesser arousal. And now I am not having arousal. I am not under any medication. I previously consulted a gynecologist. The doctor convinced me that there was something wrong with my mind and suggested a lubricating gel. But it did not help me. I do not feel bad about having intercourse. And I also do not have any problem with my partner. I am a 25-year-old woman, and my height is 5 feet 4 inches. My weight is 62 kg.

Kindly help me.



Welcome to

I can understand your concern. Your partner needs to approach you differently, experiment more on you, and find the way which you admire

you can help your partner to approach your G spot (Grafenberg spot).

It can also be:

1) Hormonal disturbances like low testosterone, low levels of thyroid, high levels of prolactin.

2) Obesity.

3) High cholesterol.

4) Chronic disease

5) Drugs

6) Anxiety

You might also need the following investigations to be done:

1) USG (ultrasonography) pelvis to rule out pelvis infections, ovaries, and uterus abnormalities.

2) Thyroid check for T3, T4, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).

3) Lipid Profile to know cholesterol level.

4) Blood Pressure.

5) RBS (random blood sugar)

Kindly share more details regarding the above reason so that we can work on the cause and treatment.

Hi doctor,

Thank you.

I have attached the required documents.

Kindly help me.



Welcome back to

Checked your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity). I can see increased prolactin. I need to know the cause behind it—plan for CT (computed tomography) brain to know about pituitary pathology. Mild cholesterol increase is seen correct with exercise.

I hope this was helpful.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
My problem is low sexual drive.Please help me overcome this.

.. been in relationship with any other women? Are you having this problem right from the beginning? Do you have any history of hypertension and diabetes? Are you getting full erection during masturbation? Are you getting spontaneous erection during e...   Read full

My problem is low sexual drive.Please suggest some medicines without side effects.

.. answer a few questions so that I can help you better. Do you have early morning erections? If not, since when? Do you masturbate? If yes, then how many times a week and do you have any problem in doing it? Since when do you have a low sex dri...   Read full

The change in the size of the mole is due to the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy.

.. noted your history and concerns. What you currently are experiencing is activity in the form of an increase in size, and inflammation of a nevus or mole. The reason for this is pregnancy. As you must be aware, there are hormonal changes in pregnan...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

My triglycerides level was 207 mg/dL. Is it necessary to take medicine?
Hi doctor, Recently, I got a lipid profile done, and the triglycerides level was 207 mg/dL, apart from that everything ...  Read more»
My lipid test report shows quite high values. Kindly advice.
Hello doctor, I am 35-years-old. My cholesterol level is 222, triglycerides 87, HDL (cholesterol) 60, LDL (cholesterol)...  Read more»
Triglycerides - Causes, Medications, Symptoms, Risk Factors, and Treatment
Triglycerides are derivatives of glycerol and fatty acids. They might sound simple but the causes and symptoms contribut...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.