Q. I have a low sexual drive, and lubricating gel is not helping. What to do?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

I have a low sexual drive. The first time I had intercourse, it was fine. But after that, I started having lesser arousal. And now I am not having arousal. I am not under any medication. I previously consulted a gynecologist. The doctor convinced me that there was something wrong with my mind and suggested a lubricating gel. But it did not help me. I do not feel bad about having intercourse. And I also do not have any problem with my partner. I am a 25-year-old woman, and my height is 5 feet 4 inches. My weight is 62 kg.

Kindly help me.

#

I can understand your concern. Your partner needs to approach you differently, experiment more on you, and find the way which you admire

you can help your partner to approach your G spot (Grafenberg spot).

It can also be:

1) Hormonal disturbances like low testosterone, low levels of thyroid, high levels of prolactin.

2) Obesity.

3) High cholesterol.

4) Chronic disease

5) Drugs

6) Anxiety

You might also need the following investigations to be done:

1) USG (ultrasonography) pelvis to rule out pelvis infections, ovaries, and uterus abnormalities.

2) Thyroid check for T3, T4, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).

3) Lipid Profile to know cholesterol level.

4) Blood Pressure.

5) RBS (random blood sugar)

Kindly share more details regarding the above reason so that we can work on the cause and treatment.

I have attached the required documents.

Kindly help me.

#

Checked your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity). I can see increased prolactin. I need to know the cause behind it—plan for CT (computed tomography) brain to know about pituitary pathology. Mild cholesterol increase is seen correct with exercise.

I hope this was helpful.

|