Q. Is my sex drive decreasing because of IUD?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

I have had a low sex drive for a year already, and I do not know why, but I need help. I have had an IUD Mirena for two years now. Can that be the cause? If I were to take it out, would that change anything?

#

• It may be due to the hormones in the IUD (intrauterine device). You may get better sometime after removal.
  • It may also be due to stress and anxiety, so relax and do exercise and you will be fine. If you do not get better after a month, then to exclude other cause, you need to do some blood tests, like Hb (hemoglobin), TC (total count), DC (differential count), postprandial sugar, prolactin, and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).
  • Stop smoking, if you smoke. If you are taking any medicine or nutritional supplement on regular basis, then it may be due to a side effect of that.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|