Q. My husband is not interested in sex. What to do?

Dr. Parth Singh
Published on Jul 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My husband is not interested in sex from the first day of our marriage? We had intercourse only twice in a month to the maximum. Also, he is very aggressive and argumentative in behavior. What to do?

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

• Did you find any behavioral abnormalities in him? For example, remaining aloof and withdrawn, poor socialization, etc.
  • Lack of interest in a young is rarely a primary disorder. Commonly, it is a sign of another emotional and behavioral problem.
  • Try asking him how he feels about sex. Had he ever suffered any sexual abuse or had been in a traumatic relationship?

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

His behavior is very rude towards me and anyone he meets on the road. He is very aggressive and highly argumentative. I asked him about any sexual abuse, but there is nothing like that. I have asked him to get a test as this might be just a hormonal thing. But, he is not interested and he quarrels with me whenever I talk about this topic. Now, my parents and my in-laws are involved in this. My family has asked him to get a test done, but his parents telling that he is totally fine and finding some excuses. Kindly help.

Dr. Parth Singh

#

Thanks for the information you provided regarding his behavior.

• Now, it is clear that not taking interest in sex is just the tip of the iceberg.
  • Unprovoked aggression and unable to adjust to situations are usually signs of mental disorder. Ask your in-laws to visit a psychiatrist and get him treated.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)

Article Overview: Obsessive Compulsive personality disorder is a chronic, disabling and difficult to treat mental disorder that remains unrecognized in majority of patients due to lack of awareness.  Read Article

Before you understand what is OCPD I am writing down a summary of a patient suffering from OCPD. "A 26-year-old woman has a lifetime preoccupation with rules, work, order, and stinginess. Even so, she is in trouble at work because she keeps missing deadlines and has difficulty making decisions. The...  Read Article

How does diet help in mental health conditions?

Query: Hi doctor, How does diet help in mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety? I would like to discuss the success of incorporating diet in mental health treatment.  Read Full »

My dad passed away. How to make sure my mom is happy?

Query: Hello doctor,My dad expired one year back. My brother is elder and not interested to look after my mom. So, she stays with me. I am trying hard to make her happy, but it goes in vain. I need a suggestion on how to behave.  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now