Q. My husband is not interested in sex. What to do?

Dr. Parth Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My husband is not interested in sex from the first day of our marriage? We had intercourse only twice in a month to the maximum. Also, he is very aggressive and argumentative in behavior. What to do?

#

• Did you find any behavioral abnormalities in him? For example, remaining aloof and withdrawn, poor socialization, etc.
  • Lack of interest in a young is rarely a primary disorder. Commonly, it is a sign of another emotional and behavioral problem.
  • Try asking him how he feels about sex. Had he ever suffered any sexual abuse or had been in a traumatic relationship?

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

His behavior is very rude towards me and anyone he meets on the road. He is very aggressive and highly argumentative. I asked him about any sexual abuse, but there is nothing like that. I have asked him to get a test as this might be just a hormonal thing. But, he is not interested and he quarrels with me whenever I talk about this topic. Now, my parents and my in-laws are involved in this. My family has asked him to get a test done, but his parents telling that he is totally fine and finding some excuses. Kindly help.

#

Thanks for the information you provided regarding his behavior.

• Now, it is clear that not taking interest in sex is just the tip of the iceberg.
  • Unprovoked aggression and unable to adjust to situations are usually signs of mental disorder. Ask your in-laws to visit a psychiatrist and get him treated.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|