Q. Please advise me some treatment for low sex drive.

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 22, 2021

I am a 30 year old male. I am suffering from low sex drive. I usually get the early ejection, but will have two or three sessions of sex in a single night. Nowadays, it takes at least 12 hours for next erection. I feel low energy level throughout the day. Most of the time, I feel myself in a bad mood. I do not have masculine body. I got my thyroid and testosterone test done. My TSH is 4.87, free testosterone is 9.69 and total testosterone is 278.69. Please advise me some treatment. I am on Vasograin for migraine.

#

I have seen the reports attached by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Though your total testosterone is 278, I feel it is little on the lower side. Actually, testosterone level of less than 300 is considered less.
  • Also, I think one time sex in the night is sufficient. Two or three times per night is bad for health and not advisable.
  • You should get the below tests to look the cause of low testosterone.
  1. Serum testosterone at 9 AM in the morning to reconfirm the values.
  2. Serum FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and serum LH (luteinizing hormone) at 8 AM in the morning.
  • You should stop smoking and alcohol if any. Get the above tests done and if required we will start on testosterone injections, but not now.

Revert back with the reports to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|