Q. Is there any siddha medicine for low sperm count with hydrocele and calcification in testes?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

I am a 29-year-old male. I have a low sperm count problem and also found tiny calcifications in both testes, bilateral minimal hydrocele. I am married two and a half years before and trying to conceive from the last seven months found I have low sperm count issue of 16 million per ml. I am taking Kalyanamka Ghrutam. I require your advice and treatment as we are trying for a baby. I have attached my reports.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The tiny calcification and minimal hydrocele will not interfere with your fertility. Usually, both arise as a result of local trauma or local infection. I do not know how long the swelling in scrotum (hydrocele) is there? What you are taking to improve sperm count are sufficient to achieve fertility. However, you can add two more drugs to prevent or avoid the interference of calcification and hydrocele to fertility as well as to cure it.

Kalarchi kaai seed kernal chooranam, take 10 gm, mix with egg white yolk and make a paste using a finger. Apply this paste on both scrotum at night. Continue this for three months. This is the only medicine to cure hydrocele. In most of the cases, this drug alone can cure it. If the hydrocele is increasing in size, then allopathy doctors can drain the fluid using a needle. I do not think it is required in your case.

Take Nandhi mezhugu capsule. One capsule in the morning after food, for five days. Again two days gap, then again take the drug for five days followed by two days gap. Thus, in a week, you take five days capsule and the remaining two days no capsule. This can remove calcification in the testis. This drug can be taken up to six months. However, as the calcification of tiny areas of testis will not interfere in fertility, you can just apply Kalarchi chooranam external to reduce the hydrocele. If you wish, you also take Nandhi mezhugu. You will be all right within the next three months.

Trauma or infection in testis.

Previous investigations can be repeated after three months.

Filariasis to be ruled out.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

I have a recurring swelling near my testicle. Can it be a hydrocele?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I observed a lump or swelling near my left testicle. It had also appeared two years back and I had consulted a doctor and after a USG, he suggested that it will disappear by itself without medication. I have not observed anything like that in the previous two years. N...  Read Full »

Is surgery mandatory for epididymo-orchitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32 year old male. Is surgery mandatory for epididymo-orchitis, with impression hydrocele and internal septations?  Read Full »

Will my PCOD get cured with homeopathy treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOD for about 15 years. I have all symptoms of pcod and irregular periods problem. I had one miscarriage 5 years ago due to cervical incompetence. I just started taking Kalarchi choornam for 48 days and facing some side effects. My body is developing heat and I have got some ...  Read Full »

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now