Low Sugar

Please give the blood sugar levels chart for newborns.

Query: Hi doctor, God has blessed me with a sweet angel today. She is 3.170 kg in weight, and all came up normal. The sugar level was 32, so doctor shifted her to NICU. Now, glucose supplement is going on along with mouth feed in an interval. Her heart rate is 136 bpm, and SPO2 is 100. Do I need to worry ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It has multiple causes, and the common one is a sudden change in the environment on the basis that from mother to outside. Many newborns get such symptoms, and most of the times it is not a matter of worry. It resolves in a day or two as the baby adapts to the envir...  Read Full »

What can be a good snack for diabetics?

Query: Hi doctor, What can be done for diabetic headache? Are diabetes friendly biscuits useful in maintaining sugar levels? Should these biscuits be preferred eating? What can be a good snack for diabetic patient?  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headaches are not related to diabetes directly. You might be having a headache because of low sugar levels (hypoglycemic headaches). In such scenario, you need to immediately check sugar levels or take some sweets. You can use a painkiller if it is severe. You are al...  Read Full »

My sugar level is low. How can I increase it?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood sugar level is 30 mg/dL. What can I do and how can I increase my blood sugar level?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Low blood sugar level needs attention quickly. I suggest you go to the nearest healthcare facility as soon as possible. Low blood sugar can be due to many different reasons. It could vary with the time of the day when you check your blood sugar level. Blood sugar leve...  Read Full »

I have been asked to take Vysov for blood sugar. Can I continue the same?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 29 years old. My blood sugar levels were FBS 296 and PP 441. So, I consult with doctor and they suggested to take Insulin 14 units in the morning and 8 units at night for 15 days. After 15 days, it reduced to FBS 180 and PP 230. So, they stopped insulin and then they asked to take Vy...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your present fasting and postprandial (PP) sugar are fairly well controlled. It means the current treatment has been quite helpful. If you have checked your HbA1c% (glycated hemoglobin), then please mention that too. Because, in a well-controlled diabetes ...  Read Full »