Q. Had a hit on my testicles. Is that the reason for low testosterone?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 18, 2020

Two months ago, I had a hit on my testicles. For first one week, I suffered with pain in the testes during erection. My erection improved after two weeks. But, in general, my erection is slightly weak. I have had a scan done and the doctor said that I have a swollen blood vessel. But, he does not think that it has been caused by trauma. My blood test results have had a low reading of testosterone. Please help.

#

Please relax and do not worry.

• I think you are suffering from varicocele, dilated veins of testis. This will not be caused by trauma.
  • A long term untreated varicocele can cause changes in your sperm parameters such as sperm count, motility, etc.
  • Your weak erection problem might be related to your low testosterone levels and again testicular trauma does not usually cause low testosterone unless it is very severe.
  • Testosterone levels also depend on the time of day when your blood sample was taken.
  • I think you should repeat your testosterone levels at morning by around 8 AM and along with this get serum FSH and LH levels (follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone). Also, get a semen examination after three days of abstinence from ejaculation.
  • If you had sonography of your testes earlier, then I need that report to know the severity of testes vein dilatation.

1. Serum testosterone levels
2. Serum FSH and LH levels at morning 8 AM
3. Semen examination after three days of abstinence from ejaculation.
4. Sonography of scrotum with color Doppler.

Revert back with the reports to a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|