Low Wbc Count

What medicine should I take to increase the levels of WBC, MCV, MCH and MCHC count?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a master health checkup and found the following abnormalities. A few values are out of range and they are as follows. Hemoglobin 12.7, total RBC count 5.62, MCV 62.4, MCH 19.2, MCHC 30.8, WBC count 3400, and platelet count 1.62. What medication should I take to increase the levels ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have read your attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and the following is my opinion for your case. Your total WBC count is borderline low. It can be decreased temporarily due to some inflammation. You have to repeat CBC (complete bloo...  Read Full »

What symptoms occur when WBC is 3.7?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a blood test a few weeks ago. Everything came back within normal range except my white blood cell count. It was slightly low (3.7) and the normal range at my laboratory is 3.8 to 10.8. The test was done because I had mild hypertension and was put on Amlodipine. I have since gone of...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: WBC (white blood cell) count varies with time of collection, method of collection and methods of counting. If there is large variation like less than 1500,...  Read Full »

Are low WBC and vitamin deficiency related?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 56 years old. My body mass index is 21. I used to smoke for around 19 years and I stopped it before four years. I had my blood test done last week. My white blood cell count is 3.4 and I have attached the reports with this. What test should I do in order to figure out the cause of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

What causes elevated liver enzymes and low white blood cell count?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a complete blood profile done about two weeks ago, and my doctor said that my reports were normal. But, my WBC and neutrophil count were low. After doing some internet searches, I am anxious. Although the doctor said it was fine, he gave me some supplements. But lately, I have bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Shivraj Dhamankar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From your history, I think the reason for your low WBC is stress and raised liver enzymes is because of fatty liver, which is a benign condition. Moderately low WBC coun...  Read Full »

My 2.5 years old baby had a high fever with low WBC. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.5 years old baby had a high fever for a day. The second day we did an FBC test (full blood count). It shows WBC 4000 mm, and platelets count is 140000. But the baby had no fever on the second day. He was very active, nothing rash or other symptoms. He was playing as usual. But sec...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably it is an upper respiratory tract infection due to a virus, which is very common in children less than 5 years old. As the child is active, playful, and I assume he is eating well. The normal WBC count is from 4000 to 11000 and platelets from 1.5 to 4 la...  Read Full »

Low absolute monocytes in blood test. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I just received my routine blood work for my cholesterol count and noticed that my absolute monocytes are low, 163. Other than this, all other blood results are within normal range. My total WBC is 5.1 and monocytes 3.2%. It there a reason to be concerned? I am currently healing from a te...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows (attachment removed to protect patient identity): Routine variation in various white blood cell count is normal. When 100 cells are counted and the other cell group is a bit increased, then the other cell group like monoc...  Read Full »

Can Eptoin cause reduced WBC count if taken during fever?

Query: Hello doctor, My niece got a fever for the past eight days. Also, low WBC count. The doctors tried all the tests, antibiotics and medicines, but still, the fever is not controlled. She got fits 15 days back and the doctors prescribed Eptoin tablets. My question is whether Eptoin reduce the white bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that Eptoin (Phenytoin) is a drug used to treat or prevent seizures. It does not usually affect WBC, but very rarely (like all the drugs) it can cause suppression of the blood cell formation in the bone marrow. The low WBC ...  Read Full »

How to get relief from cough present with wheezing?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 78 years old now. Before 12 days back, she had a cough and high fever. She had a wheezing problem along with a cough. She was given Azithromycin and Cratex expectorant. Her temperature got subsided after five days. But the coughing problem has not stopped. Her X-Ray finding ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Her lymphocytes are elevated. She seems to have viral bronchitis. Her total WBC count is decreased. It can occur due to bone marrow suppression by a viral infection. For wheezing, she can take Ipratropium bromide inhalati...  Read Full »

Should I worry about sudden drop in neutrophil and WBC count?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old woman. I have recently lost a pregnancy at 19 weeks due to membrane rupture. I had induced abortion with Misoprostol two weeks back and there is no complication since. I have had a CBC done almost every week from the starting of my pregnancy and they were all absolutely...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: The WBC count (white blood cell) varies on day-to-day and hourly basis and also depending on variable internal factors. Corticosteroids can affect WBC count, particularly neutrophils. At present, maybe due to stress, which in...  Read Full »

I am worried about the blood test report of my son. Please guide us.

Query: Hi doctor, This is regarding the treatment given to my son for viral fever. He is 8 years 3 months old. When we observed my son's fever, I gave his 5 mL of P250 for three days. On the fourth day, I visited hospital due to continuous fever. As the blood report confirmed it as viral fever, he was pres...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Rekapalli

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your child's history as you have provided and also saw the blood test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to the details provided, your child's illness fits into a viral illness spectrum. I believe you are concerned about fal...  Read Full »