Low Weight

How to improve my body weight?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 26 years old. My weight has been ranging between 54 kg and 55 kg for the last four years. My height is 5'8". I am taking good food, but have lean body. What I should do? Please help me to improve my body weight. I started doing masturbation by the age of 13. I used to ejaculate for at...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I think you might be having some hormonal issue, which is the reason for your lean muscular body. So, we need to check the hormonal imbalance you are having now. For that I recommend the following tests. FBS (fasting blood sugar). PPBS (postprandial blood sugar). TS...  Read Full »

Can I use mass gainers to increase weight?

Query: Hello sir i m 22 but my weight is just 50 and my height is 5'6 its not matter of cosukt but mah body weight is matter of cunslt plz advide any mass gainer plz..My body growth is not helping me my bones are so thin that i cant show any one plz send me how to grow them plz. Sir any tablet any thing......  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Dear, I understand your problem and your worries attached to it. Body habitus, which is the way a person's build looks irrespective of the amount or type of intake he has, depends largely on the metabolic rate of the person and the activity level of the person, though the quality of balanced food ...  Read Full »

How to diagnose stomach problems?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had roti with spinach, which is home made. Today morning, I experienced a stomach bout, but not watery. Should I take a combination of antibiotics Ridol and Ulticept 500 mg along with Metrogyl and Eldoper? I am still feeling uneasy. Please guide me on this. Every 20 days, I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I was trying to understand your blood work. Is your TSH 14 and HbA1c 7%? The reason why I am concerned about these tests is because hyperthyroidism can cause recurrent diarrhea and if your HbA1c (diabetes) number is high it can also cause diarrhea. You can use the Rido...  Read Full »

How to get rid of stomach worms?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is 6.5 years old. Recently, a worm came out of her mouth alive of about 5 to 8 cm long without vomit. Doctor gave her Bandy plus and told to repeat the dosage after 14 days. Please suggest whether it is a tapeworm. What are the investigations you would like to suggest for her...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Worms in tummy are quite common in children. Please give the medication as directed by your doctor. Most of the times it gets resolved. But, if it is persisting, then we may have to repeat the course or give alternate medicine. There are many kinds of worms and it woul...  Read Full »

Why do I not put on weight even after using appetizers?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 23. But, I weigh only 37 kg for 158 cm height. My parents consulted different medical practitioners, but nothing worked out. Appetizers did not work too. I do not have strong immunity. I get fever often. No one in my family is lean other than me. They all have normal weight. ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For a height of 158 cm, your ideal weight should be between 56 to 60 kg. You can definitely gain weight. First of all, I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out complete blood count, chest x-ray, thyroid hormone profile, liver function tests and...  Read Full »

Is fenugreek good for a thyroid patient?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23 year old unmarried female. I am suffering from thyroid disorder since three years. I am unable to gain weight. My weight is 42 since seven years. My TSH level is always normal, either 3 or 2 or 4. When I visited my doctor, he said the thyroid function is fine and no need to worr...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patients with hypothyroidism usually gain weight. Your issue is weight loss which is seen in hyperthyroidism. As your thyroid TSH is in the normal range,  you can continue the same treatment. For gaining weight, you need to take food which is adequate that is, it should...  Read Full »

Does masturbation cause weight loss in females?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5.8 inches. I am very thin. My weight is not appropriate according to my height. My weight is only 55 kg, and it is neither increasing or decreasing. I also have a good habit of eating everything almost. The primary concern is that even...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent masturbation does not have much effect on your health. You can maintain a strict exercise regimen along with the proper diet you are having. Start muscle strengthening exercises such as wall press, pushups, abs strengthening, etc. Drink milk every day with two...  Read Full »

Why is a 2-year-old not speaking properly?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 2 years old. Now, she is speaking only 3 to 4 words. She is not talking like other children. Please tell me if she has any kind of disorder. I have been to the doctor once and he told nothing to worry. After 2 years only they can speak. But my elder daughter spoke when ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your concern. Based on the above history, my comments are: 1. I think she can listen and understand but there is a problem with expression. 2. Her weight is low according to age, so give her more energy rich food to gain weight. 3. Let her play with same age...  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion on vitamin supplements for a 15 months old.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old. Her weight is 8.2 kg and height is 80 cm. One of the Pediatricians suggested me to give two supplements to her as follows. Osteocalcium 5 mL per day, which contains Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12 and Calcium phosphate and JusDee 60K granules one sachet per month,...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are child's weight is lower than normal for the age. Hope she does not have any health or developmental issues. The weight goes with her birth weight and nutrition. Height is good. So probably, I would expect either under nutrition or a delay in growth spurts. As f...  Read Full »

I have a swollen lymph node in neck since birth. Is it something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have swollen lymph node on the left back side of the neck. I am not sure from when I have it but I start noticing it from two months. It is not hurting me and my CBC report is normal. I do not have any other symptoms like fever, night sweat or weight loss. I wanted to know is it pos...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are subcentimeter lymph nodes which usually are benign and harmless. However, if you develop fever, joint pains, rash, change in appetite, weight loss or night sweats this should be investigated further by biopsy or FNAC (fine .needle aspiration cytology). You ...  Read Full »