Q. I feel very tired. Is it because of my low RBC count?

Published on Oct 24, 2017

My RBC count is low.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your hematocrit is more than 38, your hemoglobin is 13 and your MCV (mean cell volume) is normal. That means as your Hb (hemoglobin) is maintained at packed cells of 38, you have no abnormality at all. Even if you take more fluids than normal you will get a low RBC (red blood cells) count. 

So relax, everything is normal.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Did you check my bilirubin levels? It is showing 1.7. Is it normal? I feel very low on energy.

#

• An isolated elevation in bilirubin up to 2 with normal ALT (Alanine transaminase), AST (Aspartate Transaminase), and ALP (Alkaline phosphatase) is normal as in your case. Your HDL (high-density lipoprotein) is slightly low. So, taking two walnuts for few weeks will normalize it.
  • I went through all your investigations. There is no significant abnormality.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am a yoga teacher. I do yoga, pranayama and meditation regularly. Eating habits are also good. I do a bit of walk and exercise also. I do not have any mental disorder or depression. I am very happy with my life. I went through lots of test and diagnosis, and as you said everything is normal. I have severe fatigue, feel sleepy most of the time and my energy is extremely low. I understand we are done with this report, but let me know if there is anything that you suggest for further diagnosis.

#

• Few things I would suggest which need to be addressed are:
  1. Your weight is low and BMI (body mass index) is nearly at the level considered malnutrition for a male. So, you will need to gain few kg to keep your BMI around 20 to 22. This could be the main reason for your easy fatigability.
  2. Adequate sleep of about seven hours per day is very important. Less sleep will result in low energy and easy fatigability.
  3. If you are a smoker, you will have to quit smoking.
  4. I will advise echocardiogram to rule out any cardiac reason and a pulmonary function test to know the status of your lungs.

My energy levels are low, and feel sad and cranky. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, Lying all day not interested in literally anything, energy levels low, feel tired without any reasons, sad, cranky and not doing any work. This happens in cycles, might work for a day and then shut off for weeks doing nothing productive and feeling stuck. Been quite a long time experi...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food avoid junk food, take good sound sleep at least 6 to 8 ...  Read Full

Why am I experiencing rapid weight loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a concern regarding my weight. I have lost about 2 to 2.5 kg in a month's time. I have not exercised recently. I weighed 74.4 kg last month, and now I weigh 72.8 kg. Moreover, my waist circumference has also decreased. I am worried about this sudden weight loss. Could this indic...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your BMI (body mass index) is 25.36 which is close to the normal range. However, I do understand your concern. Can you provide more details about your lifestyle as well as medical and personal history? Do you smoke cigarettes? Do you have a family history of d...  Read Full

Is there any rule that fruits cannot be eaten on an empty stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to improve my eating habit. Please suggest based on the following information. We follow staple food in the family. Rice for lunch and dinner and roti, oats, etc., for breakfast. Predominant side dish for lunch or dinner is fish, vegetables and dal. Occasionally, chicken, mutton ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your BMI (body mass index) is around 22, which is normal. I would suggest you reduce regular intake of fish and pickles (if you are taking). Rest of your diet looks good. You can eat all vegetables and a cup of rice for noon and roti at night. Try to eat a fruit ...  Read Full