Lower Abdominal Pain

Can a CT scan miss appendicitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was in an emergency last night because of 48 hours of pain that moved to my right lower abdomen. Also, I am not eating, and I have severe diarrhea if I do. They said my white blood cells were a bit elevated. The CT scan without contrast did not show an inflamed appendix. Now it is the...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.CT scan could not miss a case of appendicitis unless the medical personnel who viewed the CT scan were not qualified enough for correct interpretation of the scan.However, the other causes of right lower abdomen pain may be any one of the following. It could be due to irrit...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my lower abdomen when I stretch?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I have gas problem for the past three days. Since day before yesterday night, I have started to experience some pain in the left lower abdomen whenever I stretch or move. The pain is very dull and present whenever there is a movement. Please suggest what it could...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in the left lower abdomen is usually related to the digestive tract. Pain in that area worsens on moving may be due to diverticulitis. So, you need to go to the hospital to have an ultrasound done to make sure if you have diverticulitis or not. Then, take antibiotics...  Read Full »

Why do I have pelvic pain after masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male. My problem is that I am having pain in the lower abdomen region after masturbation or doing anything related to sex. I have this issue for the past 15 days. I used to masturbate often in the past, but I quit that a week ago. But, the pain is still on and off....  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Pain in the lower abdominal region after any coital activity (masturbation or sex) is indicative of stone or some blockage in ejaculatory duct or seminal vesicle. This could be due to infection or some other reason. I reques...  Read Full »

Could RLQ pain be chronic appendicitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 15 year old female and have been having RLQ pain for nearly five months. I am physically fit. I do exercise at least six days a week and eat quite healthy. I have a sharp stabbing pain at McBurney's point. I also feel immense pressure at my RLQ like someone is sitting on my stomach...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reading your well presented history, I think the following are the possibilities. Chronic appendicitis. There may be high possibility of RLQ muscular pain (right lower quadrant) - as you do regular workouts. Acid peptic disease.   Read Full »

Can IBS cause lower abdomen pain and alarming weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. My problem is whenever I press my lower abdomen especially right lower part I feel some watery sound. When I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my lower abdomen. Also, my weight is decreasing at an alarming rate. Last year it was 68 kg and now it is only 52 kg. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms, I will also go with the diagnosis of IBS. But, my line of treatment will be based on ayurveda diagnosis. In your case, it is Vata Koshta - your digestive system afflicted by vata (increase in the gas in the intestines). Treatment for IBS will ...  Read Full »

I-Pill after 12 hours of unprotected sex. Will this leads to pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. I took i-pill after four to five hours of having unprotected sex. I again had unprotected sex after 12 hours of taking the i-pill. I was very tensed and took another i-pill after 56 hours of the second incident. After seven days, I started bleeding. But, it was light...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me tell you that there is no chance of pregnancy. Usually, ovulation occurs between the 12th to the 16th day of periods or better said as 14 days before the periods. Life of egg is 24 hours and that of sperm is 72 hours. So, there was no chance of e...  Read Full »

Do mild cramps, bleeding and lower back pain indicate miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old and according to LMP, I am 9 weeks and 6 days pregnant now. I had three previous miscarriages (two chemical pregnancies and one at 5-6 weeks). This pregnancy has been really well until a few days ago. Last week I had an ultrasound and the heart rate was 173. That night,...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are experiencing come under category of threatened abortion. The clinical diagnosis of threatened abortion is presumed when a bloody vaginal discharge or bleeding appears through a closed cervical os during the first half of pregnancy. Risk of threatened ...  Read Full »

What do sudden frequent urination and flank pain indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from frequent urination for the last two days and slight pain in the left side abdomen. The urine test found 10-15 hpf RBC and the USG report came back normal. What does this mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you smoke? At 33 years, the combination of recent onset of frequent urination with flank pain and urine analysis showing RBC (red blood cells) indicates the most likely passage of the small ureteric stone. If USG comes persistently normal with same picture repeated, t...  Read Full »

Can you explain the conditions which cause right lower abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having mild pain in my mid and right lower abdomen region. When I press, I can feel some gas moving inside. I poked it continuously. I am also burping and passing gas. My doubts are, is the pain due to gas? Or did my constant poking worsen it? Or is it something serious like appendi...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case history and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine health conc...  Read Full »

I am having cramps in my lower abdomen after taking I-pill. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I took an I-pill 12 days back, and since then I have a cramp in my lower abdomen. It feels as if I will get my periods, but still, I did not get it.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I-pill only makes the hormonal environment unsuitable for the embryo to get attached to the uterus lining. It makes the inner uterine lining thicker, which may not shed immediately. If you have never had a normal delivery before, your cervical opening will be very narr...  Read Full »