Q. I am having lower abdominal pain and unable to expel gas for the past 3 days. Please help.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

I am not feeling well in my large intestine for the past three days. I have abdominal pain in my lower part and it is effecting my bladder too. I feel a bunch of gas in my colon but I am unable to expel it. Please advise. I just used Entamizole tablet yesterday night and today morning but still, I am feeling discomfort.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

Well, it seems that you have intestinal colic (spasm of intestine). The Entamizole (Diloxanide Furoate and Metronidazole) can work well if you have an infection otherwise not. It may be because of you had something unusual with food that probably has caused increased gas production and or pain. Sometime excessive spices in food can cause this pain.

You should start taking syrup Gaviscon 15 ml thrice daily. I suggest you to use syrup Cremaffin if you have constiopation at the moment. Take plenty of water. You can use home remedy for now such as pippermint. This works very well for colic. I do not think that you should continue with Entamizole unless you have blood in stools.

Intestinal colic. Food poisoning. Infection colitis

Follow up if symptoms do not improve in two days.

|