Q. I have pain and burning sensation in right lower abdomen with movement. Should I consult a Urosurgeon?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I have pain and burning sensation in my right lower abdomen. I had an appendicular operation four years back, but after a year of operation, the pain and burning sensation started. I do not have pain while sitting or sleeping, but the pain starts with some physical movement, and it remains for three to four hours, and when I relax, it gradually reduces. I had a consult in icliniq with all test reports, and the doctor suggests consulting a urosurgeon.

#

The history and reports have been reviewed (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You have a stone obstructing your right kidney and causing pain. Stone is a disease and needs to be treated. Otherwise, you will have another one in the future. I will prescribe medication for you to help you pass the stone. Hopefully, on follow-up, we will find the abnormality in your metabolism and correct it.

For now, you can use Urocit-K (Potassium citrate) tablet once daily and Tamsulosin 0.4mg once at night for six weeks. Follow up after six weeks with ultrasound to see whether you have passed the stone. Further, you will need an evaluation with blood and urine test to prevent stones.

You can start medications from now. Please maintain proper hydration by taking three liters of water a day.

Ultrasound KUB.

Tablet Urocit K once daily and tablet Tamsulosin 0.4 mg once at night for six weeks.

Maintain hydration.

|