Q. Why do I have lower abdomen pain with bloating immediately after intercourse?

Dr. Navajith A. Mani
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 30, 2021 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2021

I am experiencing pain in my abdomen, and it started immediately after intercourse for the past two days. I also have a bloated stomach without constipation. The pain is more significant in the lower abdomen.

Kindly help.

#

Pelvic muscles contract during orgasm, which can cause pain.

Pain after vaginal and anal sex is usually temporary and should clear when you change positions or allow your body to rest. I suggest you try different positions and avoid deep thrusting next time to help you feel better.

But there are some harmful reasons as follows that need a proper evaluation;

Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and urinary tract infections (UTIs) are the most common cause of pain in the lower abdomen. PID is an infection of the upper genital tract in sexually active women.

The pain can also be due to irritable bowel syndrome, which gives a range of gastrointestinal symptoms, including pain, bloating, fart, constipation, and cramping.

Kindly wait for two more days for the pain to subside. If the pain persists, I suggest you get an abdomen ultrasound and pelvis scan and review from a gynecologist.

|