Q. My vagina is very tight and I do not get any secretion during intercourse. Is this any health related issue?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 07, 2015 and last reviewed on: Dec 27, 2018

Initially, before having intercourse with my husband, I used to get some secretion from my vagina and post that we used to have intercourse. But these days, I am not getting that secretion. I feel that my vagina is very tight and a lot of times, we find this issue while having intercourse. I have PCOD. Is this any health-related issue? Are there any tests to do for further management?

#

Do you mean to say that you had secretions from the vagina before attempting intercourse in the past but, you are not having that in recent time?

If yes, it indicates that you are not devoting sufficient time for foreplay (activities before intercourse like kissing, fondling, caressing). Foreplay is essential to get aroused and have secretions. Proper secretion does not occur many times when one or both of you are not interested in sex but, to please the other partner you carry out sexual activity.

In conclusion, having proper intimacy and time devoted to sexual activity is important to get secretions from the vagina. Once you lose that intimacy, getting aroused becomes difficult and extra effort is needed from both partners. In my opinion, this is not a health issue but a relationship issue. Your feeling that the vagina is very tight again points out that there is a lack of proper lubrication.

I would like to inform you that despite being small, a vagina can accommodate any size of a male penis. It is because of the fact that vagina is surrounded by soft tissue which has great stretchability. I hope you are taking treatment for PCOD although, there is nothing to do with sexual pleasure and PCOD.

Thank you for the quick reply. I did not know about lubrication exactly, and that is the reason I had put that in my own words. I am not getting the lubricant or secretions, and I am a bit tensed. If I do not get these secretions, will it become difficult for the penis to enter my vagina?

#

Yes, it is difficult for the penis to enter the vaginal opening if there is a problem with lubrication. During intercourse, if you are finding it difficult you can use lubricants that are safe.

But before that, try to find out why you are not getting stimulated with your partner. It can be anything from the simple stress or anxiety or something serious. Once you know the cause the treatment will be easy. If you are not able to find one or another cause on your own, you can consult a sexologist.

|