Lukewarm Water

Kindly suggest ayurvedic medicine for cough.

Query: Hello doctor, Since four days, I am having severe cough. What should I do? Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Kaushik

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the cough is coming with white or greenish sputum, then you can take syrup Koflet (from Himalaya pharma) 10 mL thrice a day with lukewarm water. If there is only dry cough or allergic cough, then you can take syrup Jufex Forte (Aimil pharma) 10 mL thrice a ...  Read Full »

I developed a rash after getting a massage. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I developed a rash after receiving a massage at a local massage center. What can I do about this?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you try taking the following: Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Zinc oxide and Calamine lotion topically. Tablet Zyrtec (Cetirizine). The Calamine will soothe the area, prevent itching ...  Read Full »

Is it harmful to take constipation medicines for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Anuloma DS from the last six months with tablet Pylapy. I take it every day. Even if I miss it once, I do not get motion. Is it harmful to take it for a long time? Another problem I am facing is an irregular time of motions. It may be any time before noon. So, I cannot go ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. As your basic problem is constipation, the regular intake of any medicine will make your intestine dependent on it. Currently, your bowel is dependent on the medicines. So, try to take this tablet every alternate day and then try to stop it slowly. ...  Read Full »

Should I take bath if I am down with chicken pox?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I am down with chicken pox from yesterday, I wanted to know if I can have a normal bath. And also, I have a rash that is probably something fungal near my genitals and I have noticed that the pox is very crowded in that patch. Any advice? Please reply soon.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can take bath with lukewarm water, avoid hot water. Do not use harsh soap or scrub. You can use dove soap. Since it is winter, normal soap will make your skin drier and will irritate the chickenpox blisters. But the best thing will be to have luke warm spon...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of the corn on my heel naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old, and I have corn on my heel. I used corn caps, but it did not help. Could you suggest some other treatments?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Corn is a collection of dead skin cells with a hard center. You can try the following home remedies for corn removal: Dip your feet in lukewarm water for 10 to 15 minutes and then try to remove the corn with the help of a pumice stone or skin file. You will need to do ...  Read Full »

Is there any ayurvedic treatment for blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who weighs 85 kg, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I had a problem with blood in stool a year ago, which got cured after I took medicines. But nowdays, I have been seeing blood in my stool again. I do not have any problem like itching, pain, etc. I feel it very diffic...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. According to your height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is 26.23. Normal BMI should ranges between 18.5 to 24.9. So first of all, you need to reduce some weight. Blood while passing stool may have many reasons. But most common ...  Read Full »