Q. Please explain my MRI report taken for first lumbar and thoracic pain.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Can you review my MRI findings?

#

I have seen the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but have no clinical information to go by and why this MRI was needed.

Grossly, I can say there is good alignment of the spine, discs are not showing signs of bulging or prolapse. The canal diameter is adequate though it appears to be narrowed in the transverse axis at certain levels but certainly no evidence of stenosis or ligament flavum thickening. The exiting nerves are free and foramina are clear.

I have been having lumbar thoracic pain which is somewhat relieved by muscle relaxers, hot showers, and stretching. Nevertheless, it has gotten so bad that I had trigger point injections and a Medrol pack which helped to a greater or lesser degree for a few weeks. Some days I cannot sit for more than 20 minutes at a time without discomfort and I am worried that I cannot tolerate a long transatlantic flight. I get burning sensations near the spine after a long day at the lumbar thoracic junction. Would you recommend soft tissue massage and mild chiropractic adjustment? I will be seeing my spine specialist this week. It seems like nothing is necessitating surgery as of yet.

#

To answer your queries, I do not think that there is any need for surgery as you do not have any leg symptoms. Pain and burning sensations are confined to the back only.

Yes, manual therapy and chiropractic treatment will be of use and will help in relieving trigger spot pain and the burning sensations can be helped by Pregabalin and Duloxetine.

| 

I have disc herniation pain. How can I cure it other than chiropractor treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from disc herniation pain. There is no good chiropractor near me. What other options do I have to cure my disc herniation?  Read Full »

After a fall slammed tailbone into cement floor. Can a chiropractor fix this?

Query: Hello doctor, After a fall slammed tailbone into cement floor. I cannot walk having much trouble during walking. Can a chiropractor help, correct and fix this?  Read Full »

Reasons for burning sensation after peeling treatment for acne.

Query: Hi doctor, About 3 weeks ago, I was prescribed Retin-A 0.5% and Acticlate for an unusual breakout on my forehead by my dermatologist. The anaesthetician who also took a look at my face recommended Glytone PA chemical peel to help treat some discoloration that the acne had caused. I went in to see he...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Spine Health Specialist Now