Lump Near Anus

What are the causes of lump in the anus?

Query: im female.height 160 cm. My weight 4 years ago was 74. Two years ago i became 84. i am really shy to tell to others. i will tell u because its my personal message. My age 27. i lived away from family for 3 years.my lifestyle was changed. food habits also.at that time i got a baby... i stopped lacta...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com Firstly i would like to assure you that you do not have to worry. Your stress and tension contributes to the problem and might make it seem worse. There is a huge impact of psychological state on any physical condition. So first and foremost you need to relax. Secondly,...  Read Full »

Can hemorrhoids cause lumps on the anus?

Query: hi, ive been debating whether to talk to someone about this for a while now but ive noticed ive got lumps on the anus and recently its gotten larger and im quite worried about it  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hey there, thanks for getting in touch with us. I truly understand that you might feel somewhat ashamed, but rest assured, as physicians we’ve seen it all. So relax, there is no reason to be ashamed and more important no reason to worry. When a 18 year old man reports lumps on the anus the chan...  Read Full »

How to treat a large external lump behind the anal opening?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old male who is 5.11 feet tall and weighs about 190 lbs. I have severe pain in the anal canal that inhibits walking, usually sitting, sleeping, as well as excruciating bowel movements. I previously visited a gastroenterologist who said there was no internal lump but diagno...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand how painful it would be for you. This is an external hemorrhoid (external blood vessels), which seems to have thrombosed (clotted blood). They use to be very painful. I also want to recommend you receive, which is a good medication. I do not have exp...  Read Full »

What is the cause for lump and tenderness in perineum with constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old female. I am 5 feet tall and I weigh about 98 kg. Three months ago, I had severe constipation and hemorrhoids that lasted for about a month and a half. After that incident, I decided to change my diet high on fiber and cereals, and red meat up to this day. I have h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I can very well understand your problem, but I must admit that my assessment might be incomplete unless I have the test results which I suggest to you. Secondly, I want to see the notes which your gynecologist and gastroenterologist have written in the prescri...  Read Full »

Sitz bath for lump near rectum is not giving complete relief. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female and I have a lump or growth very near my rectum. This lump has been present for five months. It is not always painful, but there has been times when it got uncomfortable. I tried warm compresses and sitz baths but this only makes it get smaller and relieve th...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your history and understand your concern, the lump of the groin area and face that you mentioned you had before are more like lymph node enlargement swellings that can arise due to some minor local or secondary infection and can subside on its own or wi...  Read Full »

What can cause a slightly painful lump near the anus?

Query: There is one lump near my anus, but its not bleeding while passing stools but it pains a little bit. I have this lump since I was 8 years old. But I never had problem with it. It has no pain, no bleeding. And now I am 20 years old. But since few weeks it is painful but in a very low quantity. So is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well piles usually form within anus not around it. The description you mention suggested that is is possibly an skin tag or anal tag. You can search on google writing this term and you may find the similar pictures that you have been feeling. This does not need an...  Read Full »

Can hemorrhoid occur in a 3-year-old child with hard stools?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years old. Today I have noticed a bump on her anus, normally she passes stool with excess pressure. So it seems to be like hemorrhoid. I am attaching the picture. Kindly refer and advise us on her treatment and care to be taken. Please suggest medicines for the same a...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted the symptoms and seen the pictures too (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What your daughter has is a skin tag at the anal verge which is an indicator of fissure-in-ano. A fissure is nothing but a wound over the anus. This is generally a ...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent lump externally around anus?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight months before, I felt a small lump around the right side of my anus area, (before I had itching around the anus for several months). Later that lump became larger and painful in a week. I consulted a homeopathic doctor and he gave me medicines (Paeonia off Q, Acid muraticum, Aci...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have a perianal abscess. Perianal means around anus and abscess means collection of pus. It can be secondary to chronic itching and excoriation of the skin resulting in abscess formation. It can occur secondary to poor hygiene in and around the anal area...  Read Full »

What could be the uncomfortable lump near the anus opening?

Query: Hello doctor, I see a lump at the opening of the anus. It is been there for over a week. It is not much painful but it is uncomfortable while sitting. I am a 25-year-old male. It never happened before and no current medications.  Read Full »

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you have uploaded. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears to be thrombosed piles. It takes a few days for it to settle down well, but it is not anything sinister. A few things would help to give relief. Take Sitz ba...  Read Full »

I have a tender lump beneath skin near anus. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor, Suffering from mild IBS D since last four years. Noticed a tender lump beneath skin near anus three years ago. Swells and shrinks itself. Mild throbbing and pale yellow fluid discharge from anus when pressed during swelling. Proctoscopy was done in a piles hospital. The doctor said no...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reviewing the information shared and your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears you are suffering from Fistula -in Ano (tubular interconnection between anal canal and outside skin near the anal opening). The swelling you are talking...  Read Full »