Q. I have a slightly painful lump near my anus. Is it normal or piles?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 26, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 12, 2021

I have a lump near my anus. There is no bleeding but I have pain while passing stools. I have this lump from 8 years of age. I did not have any problem with it. There is no pain or bleeding due to it. Now I am 20 years old and I have pain in it for a few weeks with low quantity. Is it normal? Does it indicate piles?

#

Piles form within the anus and it does not form around it. Your description suggests a skin tag or anal tag. This does not require any specific treatment. You can simply ignore it. You can have other possibilities such as perianal abscess or boil. For this, I suggest you consult a doctor for a physical examination to confirm the diagnosis. Once it is established as a boil or abscess, then you can take some antibiotics for a week. Please send a picture for having an accurate diagnosis and a course of appropriate treatment can be taken.

|