Q. I have a slightly painful lump near my anus. Is it normal or piles?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

There is one lump near my anus, but its not bleeding while passing stools but it pains a little bit. I have this lump since I was 8 years old. But I never had problem with it. It has no pain, no bleeding. And now I am 20 years old. But since few weeks it is painful but in a very low quantity. So is it normal aur it is piles?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

Hello. I welcome you to icliniq.

Well piles usually form within anus not around it.

The description you mention suggested that is is possibly an skin tag or anal tag. You can search on google writing this term and you may find the similar pictures that you have been feeling. This does not need any specific treatment. You can simply ignore it.

The other possibility is perianal abscess or boil with is an infected hair follicle.

For the later I suggest you to confirm it with in person doctor consultation and get her seen. Once it is established that it is boil or abscess; then it may require some antibiotic course for a week time.

Provide me pictorial information, I may help you in diagnsis and course of appropriate treatment

|