Q. I have painful swelling between my vagina and rectum. Kindly help me.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have swelling between my vaginal and rectal parts, and it is paining a lot. I am not able to sit, sleep and walk properly. It is kind of a lump and swelling around it with pain. I suffered from the same problem a few months back, and it was normalized after taking antibiotics and painkillers. I am not under any medications now. Kindly help me.

#

It can be due to bacterial infection only, so there is pus formation and lump. Which further causing pain, so we have to treat it accordingly. Can you please send a picture of it so I can assess it and let you know what it is?

And please tell me, is there any discharge or smell from it?

I suggest you take the following medications:

1) Tablet Voveran 75 mg (Diclofenac and Paracetamol) once a day after meal.

2) Tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once a day before meal.

Take these for three days.

Please answer the above questions for better assessment and further help.

I feel like there is discharge, but I do not know whether it is a vaginal discharge or other. Swelling is increasing gradually, and there is a lot of pain. This same thing happened a few months back as well. Doctor treated me for an abscess. I am 26-year-old. Kindly help me.

#

It is an abscess only, so that I will suggest you antibiotics for five days. If it does not settle or worsen, then you will have to meet a general surgeon who will do an incision and drain it.

For now, I would suggest you take:

1) Tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate) three times a day after meal.

2) Tablet Voveran (Diclofenac) 75 mg twice a day after meal.

3) Tablet Pantop (Pantoprazole) 40 mg once a day before meal.

Take these for five days and let me know the progress.

Please get back if you have further doubts.

|