Q. Why am I having a soft, fluid lump inside my vagina?

Dr. Vidyaprem
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 01, 2020

I have had a soft, fluid lump inside my vagina for some months now. I find that if I sit back like on the toilet the lump will be right at the vaginal entrance but when lying down it feels further inside the vagina. I visited my GP as I was also having some irritation in the area and I was examined but the Doctor did not seem to know what lump I was talking about and prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. After around 8 days the irritation had gone and a different doctor said it was probably a barthollian cyst that would go away if I used hot compresses. Since then I have also had irregular bleeding, and today the discomfort returned.

#

The most probable cause of a fluid filled cyst inside the vagina is Gartners cyst. It is usually asymptomatic and benign. It does not interfere with cycle irregularity or sex. Gartners cyst does not go away with hot compression or antibiotics. It requires exicision, only when the cyst is too big. Transvaginal ultrasound can pick up the issue. The likely cause of the irregular cycles could be hormonal, anemia, weight gain hypothyroidism, stress, change in food and exercise pattern can affect the cycle length and pattern.

Gartners cyst.

TVS.

Gartners cyst and cycle irregularity is probably hormonal.

Gartners cyst.

Reassurance for gartners cyst or exicision only if necessary.

pills & wt reduction for cycle regulation

| 

Are white bumps under the tongue normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female, and I have white bumps on the back of my tongue. I also have painful white sores on the sides of the tongue. I have been getting painful sores on the tip of my tongue quite frequently for the past two months. But this time, the pain was severe. I did get some re...  Read Full »

Will a partial hysterectomy help me relieve severe period pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old female. Why does the area, which I believe is my ovaries, hurt when I stretch? The pain would be in both the left and right side. When I sit down for a long time or when I defecate, it hurts a lot in the area. During my periods, why do my legs go numb? Every month aroun...  Read Full »

Can a lump on the head be treated with medication?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom aged 52 years has got a small lump on her head three years back. Although it was not causing any pain, she is just curious to know if it can get treated by medication. She felt that its size increased slightly, but she does not prefer surgery. For your information, the present ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»