Q. Why am I having a soft, fluid lump inside my vagina?

Dr. Vidyaprem
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 01, 2020

I have had a soft, fluid lump inside my vagina for some months now. I find that if I sit back like on the toilet the lump will be right at the vaginal entrance but when lying down it feels further inside the vagina. I visited my GP as I was also having some irritation in the area and I was examined but the Doctor did not seem to know what lump I was talking about and prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. After around 8 days the irritation had gone and a different doctor said it was probably a barthollian cyst that would go away if I used hot compresses. Since then I have also had irregular bleeding, and today the discomfort returned.

Dr. Vidyaprem

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The most probable cause of a fluid filled cyst inside the vagina is Gartners cyst. It is usually asymptomatic and benign. It does not interfere with cycle irregularity or sex. Gartners cyst does not go away with hot compression or antibiotics. It requires exicision, only when the cyst is too big. Transvaginal ultrasound can pick up the issue. The likely cause of the irregular cycles could be hormonal, anemia, weight gain hypothyroidism, stress, change in food and exercise pattern can affect the cycle length and pattern.

Gartners cyst.

TVS.

Gartners cyst and cycle irregularity is probably hormonal.

Gartners cyst.

Reassurance for gartners cyst or exicision only if necessary.

pills & wt reduction for cycle regulation

|