Q. Please advise about my mother's condition from the CT scan.

Dr. Amolkumar W. Diwan
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 04, 2020

My mother's present complaint is weakness. She is also suffering from diabetes, blood pressure, CKD and heart problem. We have done the CT scan. The CT scan shows shortness of breath in the lung. I am sending the report of a CT scan and other prescriptions. Please advise.

#

I have read all the reports attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your mother is a known case of diabetes mellitus, chronic kidney disease and blood pressure. Her CT chest is suggestive of left upper lobe density. Here the question is whether it is infection or malignant.
  • As per the report, all tests for TB are negative. Markers for autoimmune diseases like Sjogren's disease are positive with ANA positive.
  • So, the best idea would be to go ahead with CT guided biopsy of the lesion. It will tell us more about the mass whether infection or malignant.
  • I think you are taking treatment under the best pulmonologist guidance. So, let us wait and see the biopsy report.
  • By now, all the reports are pointing to lung cancer. But as I said, it can be also infective or some autoimmune problem.
  • Once the biopsy report is ready, we can say the diagnosis for sure. I hope the biopsy turns out to be benign.
  • About the treatment, current treatment is standard according to her problem of DM and CKD.

For further information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

|