Q. My lung pain worsens when I take deep breath or sneeze. Why?

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 03, 2019

I am a 25-year-old girl. My problem is that I am suffering from lower lung pain on the left side for the past 10 days. I already consulted a doctor, but he was not able to find anything abnormal in X-ray and blood reports. He prescribed me some capsules and pain killers, but it does not work. It is getting worse when I take a deep breath or sneeze. It is a pinpoint pain in the left lower lungs. Please suggest me something so that I can cure my problem.

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

As you said, you had left chest pain for 10 days, and all reports are normal, it is very difficult to interpret it. You should elaborate your history in detail, including your history or similar episodes in the past. Attach the x-ray with your query. If you are having some acidity issues, it can be because of gastritis. You have not specified any other symptoms like cough, history of fall or any trauma in your description.

So I advise you to get back to me with all these details. Most of the time, it is because of costochondritis which gets relieved with common pain killer tablets like tablet Combiflam 1-0-1 (Ibuprofen, Paracetamol) for five days after food. Even it is related with your menses also and very common in young girls. So a good correlation of your medical history will solve your problem.

Would fundoplication help gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling with pressure under my ribs and tightness in my chest for 5 years. It is on and off, but mostly it gives me a hard time to come through. I feel hard to belch often. I have taken Esomeprazole and Nexium to keep the reflux down, but the tightness and other awful ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully worked through your health query and can well understand your issues. Yes, it seems to be due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), simply the acid reflux. It has caused damage to the esophagus and other parts of the body too. Hiatal hernia...  Read Full

Can antral gastritis cause hunger?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For antral gastritis take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for a month. It will control acidity and reflux. Excessive hunger is good for you as your weight is normal and it is also good for stomach. Just rule out diabetes by doing fasting blo...  Read Full

Please suggest treatment for a 2-month-old baby suffering from dry cough.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2 months old and he is suffering with dry cough over the last 3 days. We consulted local doctor and he advised TA-65 capsule which can be taken by mixing one capsule in 10 cc of distilled water. He advised to use 2 mL of this mixture for 3 days. My question is how exactly does T...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your kid is probably suffering from some throat infection or lung infection (respiratory infection). TA - 65 is a telomerase activator, it comes in capsule form. It is used to boost immune system, skin and given for sexual improvement. It has no role in cough and it...  Read Full

Ask a Pulmonologist Now