Q. My lung pain worsens when I take deep breath or sneeze. Why?

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

I am a 25-year-old girl. My problem is that I am suffering from lower lung pain on the left side for the past 10 days. I already consulted a doctor, but he was not able to find anything abnormal in X-ray and blood reports. He prescribed me some capsules and pain killers, but it does not work. It is getting worse when I take a deep breath or sneeze. It is a pinpoint pain in the left lower lungs. Please suggest me something so that I can cure my problem.

#

As you said, you had left chest pain for 10 days, and all reports are normal, it is very difficult to interpret it. You should elaborate your history in detail, including your history or similar episodes in the past. Attach the x-ray with your query. If you are having some acidity issues, it can be because of gastritis. You have not specified any other symptoms like cough, history of fall or any trauma in your description.

So I advise you to get back to me with all these details. Most of the time, it is because of costochondritis which gets relieved with common pain killer tablets like tablet Combiflam 1-0-1 (Ibuprofen, Paracetamol) for five days after food. Even it is related with your menses also and very common in young girls. So a good correlation of your medical history will solve your problem.

|