Lymph Node Enlargement

Can rough masturbation cause a lump near the vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump on my inner thigh near my vagina. The lump is very small, the size of half a pea, and is painless. It has been there for weeks. It is a few, maybe 2 to 3 inches from my vagina. I do not notice it unless I touch it. Touching it makes me worried that it is bad. I am young...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to worry. This painless structure is an enlarged lymph node. It may be 2 to 4 cm in size and will be slightly mobile, not painful, and feel firm. The area mentioned in your history and the picture (attachment removed ...  Read Full »

Can diabetes cause lymph nodes to swell?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to know what you thought of these symptoms: Weight fluctuation. I gained weight then lost weight then gained weight then lost it. It settled. Now my stomach had problems for a bit, diarrhea for a bit, and that stopped. Then thrush I think. The tongue is coated white but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you are worrying too much. You are just 19. Enjoy life. The fluctuations in your weight will be most probably because of your different habits of eating and playing. When your eating more than you play, you are bound to gain weight. Right? The cramps in your mu...  Read Full »

Why do I have a fever and finding it hard to swallow?

Query: Good day Doctor. I have fever since 3 days. When I swallow its very painful. I found out that my tonsils are swollen and with white strip-like on the surface. My lymph node in the neck is also swelling. I only take paracetamol. Its very painful to swallow. I have allergy on aspirin. Please help. F...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hi thnx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from fever with swelling of tonsils and lymph node in the neck with feeling painful during swallowing. several types of infections may cause white spots on tonsils like bacterial,viral or fungal. s...  Read Full »

Why do I have a bump where the wisdom tooth was removed?

Query: Hello doctor,I just got one side of my wisdom teeth removed both upper and lower six days ago, and I have another one scheduled after two days for the left side. The upper is 100 % fine, which they pulled. The lower they pulled the tooth without removing the root because it was too close to the nerv...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lump is mostly a hard swelling which forms postsurgical removal of the wisdom tooth or maybe even by swollen lymph nodes due to infection. It takes a week or two for the swelling to subside. Sometimes, if the root is still inside, the infection may be remaining t...  Read Full »

What causes a lump on inner thigh under the skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a little bump under the skin on my inner thigh. It is not visible but I can feel it. Please help.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer the following questions. What is the size of the swelling? How long has it been there? Is it movable? What is it's exact location, like middle or upper thigh? Is there any bump on the other side as well? Most probably it is a lymph node. These are normal...  Read Full »

Does canker sore make lymph node swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have a canker sore. I was wondering if it is common to have a swollen right lymph node with tenderness, body pain, and tiredness along with the sore. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cankersore also referred as aphthous ulcer, is a non-specific ulceration of non-keratinous mucous membrane of the mouth. The exact cause why these occur is not clear. Irritation of mucous membrane due to acidic foods and citrous foods could be a possibility. Pain is quite...  Read Full »

Can a swollen lymph node in the neck cause jaw and head pain?

Query: Hello, I am reaching out on behalf of a spouse, looking for a second opinion. The lymph node on left side of neck has been swollen for some time now, has cause continues pain in neck, jaw and back of Head. Have done a ultrasound which came back normal also seen 2 ENT specialist and one nurse practit...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Thanks for briefing about the problem in concern. With the symtpoms you have mentioned, one the possibilities i can think of is a probable cervical spondylitis with probable nerve entrapement. It is very unlikely for a lymph node in the neck not to be picked up an ultrasound device and that ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for constant lymph node enlargement in the groin region?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female with so far great health. I have had problem in my groin about six months ago. I am looking for a second opinion and ideas for relief. Over the past year, I have been getting on and off swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. One time when I was a teenager, I go...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Infected lymph nodes in the groin area could be due to many reasons. This includes groin, genitals, urinary tract, leg, and foot. The infection could be of any reason, viral, bacterial or fungal. Very rarely repeated enlarged groin lymph nodes are due to cancer. It c...  Read Full »

What is the hard and painless pea-sized lump present in front of my ear?

Query: I have a hard pea sized lump in front if my ear (preauricular lymph node) that is hard, painless and doesnt move. It has been there about 6 months but has become more prominent that a friend noticed it. I have also just noticed this week another lump appear towards the top/back of my ear and have a ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, A lymph node located in the preauricular or lost auricular region usually represents infection in the scalp, temples, the eye or even in the ear. There could be a subtle sub clinical chronic infection of the scalp which your probably not aware of and its always worthwhile to get this area ex...  Read Full »

What causes lymph node swelling, diarrhea, and headaches?

Query: Hi I recently noticed by lymph node on the left side of my neck began to swell and pain 2 days ago and it hasn't gone down. I also have been having chronic diarrhea for almost 2 days with a mild headache, night sweats, and congestion. Could this be a sign of a flu or illness? And should I be worried...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! There is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. Tummy upsets with headache and congestion could be due to acute viral gastroenteritis. There could be an anerobic infection as well. You can consider the following treatment advice. Tab metrogyl 400mg 8th hrly (morning, after and e...  Read Full »