Common "Lymph Node Enlargement" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Lymph Node Enlargement

Lymph nodes drain the lymphatic fluid and offer protection. Any infection causes lymph node enlargement or lymphadenopathy. They become palpable and tender during an infection. It is usually accompanied by fever, cold, night sweats, etc. Based on the site of infection, the lymph nodes pertaining to the area swell. Hard and fixed nodes are a sign of malignancy. Leukemia and lymphoma are malignancies involving the lymphatic system.