Lymph Node Enlargement

Are rash and lymph node swelling after oral sex signs of ARS?

Query: Hi doctor,I gave oral sex to a man, whose HIV status was unknown, six weeks ago. I have now rash under both armpits and a swollen lymph node in my neck. I am attaching pictures of the rash and the lymph node. Could this be ARS?  Read Full »

Dr. Sushma Shah

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Oral sex has the least possibility of ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). I do not think you have ARS. Do you have dandruff or an earache or a toothache? Do you have a history of a cold or a...  Read Full »

Does Prednisone help swollen lymph nodes?

Query: Hello doctor, Two years ago, I discovered a small lump in my neck near the back right side. My GP said it did not seem like anything to worry about and to come back if it grows. I noticed no growth, but it did not go away or shrink either. A year and a half later, I developed a rash and stomach blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lymph nodes in the neck, if multiple and greater than 1.5 cm should be biopsied. Especially, if it is persistent for a long time. Most of the symptoms you have had are unrelated to lymphoma, but in a persistent lymph node, lymphoma should be ruled out. This is espe...  Read Full »

Kindly give me your opinion on my ultrasound report.

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ultrasound last month, and I have attached the reports. I need your precise opinion on this case. Please interpret the report and tell me what I have to do next?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a small neck lymph node which is seen on the ultrasound scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It measures 10 x 4 x 10 mm and is small therefore the wait and watch policy is to be applied. It can be from an infection. Since no other lymph nod...  Read Full »

I have chest discomfort with swollen lymph nodes. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had chest discomfort for about 2 to 3 months now. It is not really in one particular area, but right now I feel like more on the left side. It is a dull, achy pain that does not really go away. I have also noticed lymph nodes swell up for about a week. I am not sure if this is ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your chest pains seem to be muscular in nature. Another possibility is of acid reflux that can also cause such kind of pains. We should also rule out any cardiac issues in case of chest pains. So, you should get a chest X-ray and ECG done. If...  Read Full »

Does canker sore make lymph node swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have a canker sore. I was wondering if it is common to have a swollen right lymph node with tenderness, body pain, and tiredness along with the sore. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cankersore also referred as aphthous ulcer, is a non-specific ulceration of non-keratinous mucous membrane of the mouth. The exact cause why these occur is not clear. Irritation of mucous membrane due to acidic foods and citrous foods could be a possibility. Pain is quite...  Read Full »

Can diabetes cause lymph nodes to swell?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to know what you thought of these symptoms: Weight fluctuation. I gained weight then lost weight then gained weight then lost it. It settled. Now my stomach had problems for a bit, diarrhea for a bit, and that stopped. Then thrush I think. The tongue is coated white but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you are worrying too much. You are just 19. Enjoy life. The fluctuations in your weight will be most probably because of your different habits of eating and playing. When your eating more than you play, you are bound to gain weight. Right? The cramps in your mu...  Read Full »

Why do I have a bump where the wisdom tooth was removed?

Query: Hello doctor,I just got one side of my wisdom teeth removed both upper and lower six days ago, and I have another one scheduled after two days for the left side. The upper is 100 % fine, which they pulled. The lower they pulled the tooth without removing the root because it was too close to the nerv...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lump is mostly a hard swelling which forms postsurgical removal of the wisdom tooth or maybe even by swollen lymph nodes due to infection. It takes a week or two for the swelling to subside. Sometimes, if the root is still inside, the infection may be remaining t...  Read Full »

Can lymph node swelling below ear after sex be due to STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex with a friend and have a swelling on my lymph node under my ear when asked he said he has genital herpes. I wanted to be sure if I have any sort of STD. Please tell me what are the tests I have to go through to be sure.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, the blood test for herpes becomes positive only after 2 to 3 weeks because antibodies in the body take time to give you positive results otherwise false-negative results can occur (antibodies test for HSV1 and HSV2). Herpes infections can be diagnosed by lookin...  Read Full »

I have painful skin colored bump in penis. Is it syphilis?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed a skin colored bump on the underside of my penis. It is round and a little less than one inch in diameter. It feels to be hard when pressed and pains a little when pinched. Could this be syphilis?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern is furuncle. Start using T-bact ointment twice daily on the lesion and have plenty of water. This will help you. It is not syphilis.  Read Full »

Will Ashwagandha interfere with anesthesia during lymph node removal surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I did not realize my surgery would be so soon. I have been taking Ashwagandha and an Omega 3 supplement. I am having an enlarged lymph node removed in my neck under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Will it be safe to undergo this procedure under anesthesia in a few days?...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Singh

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Removal of a lymph node is not an extensive surgery. So, no need to worry much. As far as anesthetic risk is concerned, you may face the following problems because of your high BMI (body mass index). Difficult bag-mask ventilation. Difficult airway and intubation. ...  Read Full »