Q. Can rough masturbation cause a lump near the vagina?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have a lump on my inner thigh near my vagina. The lump is very small, the size of half a pea, and is painless. It has been there for weeks. It is a few, maybe 2 to 3 inches from my vagina. I do not notice it unless I touch it. Touching it makes me worried that it is bad. I am young, and I masturbate by rubbing the handle of my old (clean) toothbrush up and down against my vagina while my legs are suspended in the air. I think it may be a result of frequent rough masturbation, but I do not know what it is which worries me.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing?

• I do not see any reason for you to worry. This painless structure is an enlarged lymph node. It may be 2 to 4 cm in size and will be slightly mobile, not painful, and feel firm. The area mentioned in your history and the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is the inguinal area. These lymph nodes are a set of glands which guard and show you the infections of the lower limb and also the external genitals. So, nearly every person will have palpable or slightly enlarged inguinal lymph nodes at some point, as everyone would have walked barefoot somewhere and an infection of some sort, might have entered the leg lymphatics.
  • A sudden injury or infection foci in the leg or genitals could have happened during rough masturbation or even the clearing of pubic hair. This infection need not be visible, they can get lodged in the lymph nodes and can enlarge.
  • Do not keep feeling it on and off. If very particular or if painful, I suggest you have common antibiotics like capsule Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid combination 625 mg twice a day for five days. This will get resolved even otherwise.
  • At this tender age, do not worry about anything significant. There is an age for everything.

Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back. All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 
1 out of 1 likes