Lymph Node Pain

What could be causing extreme lymph node pain in the neck?

Query: Hi doctor, What could be causing the extreme pains in my lymph nodes under my neck and tingling the in head? Should I see a doctor in person? I had a sinus infection a month ago when the neck pains suddenly appeared. I was given antibiotics. It got rid of my other sinus symptoms, but not the lymph ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first possibility of meningitis is unlikely. It would cause fever, severe headache and patient will be very sick. I do not think this to be a lymph node pain because lymph nodes will hurt only when they enlarge in a short duration of maximum one or two wee...  Read Full »

I had a swollen lymph node in my neck. Could it be painful because chiropractor adjusted my neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the chiropractor and got my neck adjusted. I had sore on my neck more in the back left corner then the pain passed down to my left arm. After checking, they said it was a flare-up and to ice it. The next day I had it adjusted again, and he pointed out that I had a swollen ly...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think that because of chiropractor there will be any trouble to the lymph node. If the pain is radiating in nature, then it can be related to intervertebral disc injury which can be a past injury and due to which you had a sore neck. As the intervertebral di...  Read Full »

What Are The Causes Of Inguinal Lymphadenopathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a swollen lymph node in my groin and for which I took antibiotics for two weeks. But, there was no improvement. So two days back, I had a biopsy of the whole lymph node. I will get the results in five days from now. I am worried because, now I have another swollen lymph node in the...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For any cause of inguinal lymphadenopathy, excision of nodes is not a definitive treatment. It is done just for a diagnostic purpose, so once you get the biopsy reports, we will know more about your illness. The swelling in the other lymph node that is of no additional c...  Read Full »

Why do I have dry mouth two months after unprotected oral sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing hoping you can give me a sigh of relief or a little clarity. First, let me start by saying I do have an HIV phobia. However, below will give you a better idea of my story. Two months back, I had unprotected oral sex with a guy that lasted for about two minutes. He then p...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A fourth generation HIV duo test is considered reliable and conclusive if it is still negative after six weeks. Most STD (sexually transmitted diseases) specialists consider this six weeks gap as the upper limit of the window period for an HIV duo test result to be con...  Read Full »

Can the lump under my male breast be cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. My complaint is that I have a breast lump in my right breast lower outer quadrant. I noticed it three days ago. I have pain at that site. I also noticed redness in the surrounding areas. I have poor beard growth and chest hair so I suspect that it could be gyn...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably it is gynecomastia as it is common in young age and may cause pain, Although, breast cancer is rare in males, it is more aggressive with rapid growth and spread. I suggest that you take painkillers and send me a photo of the red lump Also if you have...  Read Full »

What is the rationale behind lymph node enlargement in my baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year 8-month-old son has a single lymph node enlargement which is movable around 1.5 cm. There are no other signs or symptoms. There is no sign of any infections. Should I be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Single lymph node has no significance if there are no associated infections. Maybe your child had some cold or minor infection around that area due to which the lymph nodes got enlarged. You should show a doctor when lymph node increases in size as it is becoming v...  Read Full »

I am severely anemic, and the right lymph node in my neck is painful. Is it cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, and I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, from the past five years. It is well controlled by Synthroid and natural thyroid. Over the last few months, I have been having some worrying symptoms. I am literally so tired all the time, and I am severely anemic even if I t...  Read Full »

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get a thyroid profile and complete hemogram done. Your symptoms are very vague and they do not point to any one disease. Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physi...  Read Full »

Do I need to get FNB or biopsy to check lymph node enlargement?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 145 lbs. I am facing a significant unexplained weight loss of more than 45 lbs in four months. My normal weight since high school is 185 to 180 lbs. I am having episodes of significant and frequent drenching night sweats. Also, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: In view of the clinical symptoms, images could be more of neoplastic etiology. Clearly, with the family history and prominent nodes along with classical his...  Read Full »

How do we get flu?

Query: Hi doctor, Why do we always have runny nose when we catch flu or cold? How do we get flu? I have headache and fever for almost a week. My tongue is sometimes white and lymph is a bit painful to touch but not swollen. Are these the symptoms of flu?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com When we get viral or bacterial infection in the nasal tract (upper respiratory tract- nose to throat), the local mucus membrane gets irritated. It leads to more secretion from mucus membrane and that leads to running nose. The fluid is secreted to eliminate the bacteria or...  Read Full »