I feel depressed and I overthink and not able to concentrate. What's wrong with me?

Q. Why do I feel sad, think too much, and am not able to focus?

Answered by
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2023

Hi doctor,

I am 30 years old. I do not know what is happening around and I have sudden mood changes, anger, anger, low appetite, overthinking, delusion, crying during overthinking, fear of talking with people like our own family, and living alone and not liking to speak with people and I feel I am autistic. I cannot share thoughts, have low memory and concentration, and I always feel depressed. Why is this happening to me? Please help.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I understand your situation. You may have a major depressive disorder but not autism. There is non-pharmacological management for your depression, and you should follow the guidelines below to deal with it. It will help you.

  • You should exercise 30 to 45 minutes daily, like at least going for a walk. It will uplift your mood.
  • You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily, sit in one place in a comfortable position, and try to concentrate on your normal breathing, do not stop or force yourself to control your thoughts. Just let it be. It will stop your overthinking and increase concentration.
  • You should eat healthy home-cooked foods and avoid junk foods.
  • You must drink enough water.
  • You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you are living away from your family.
  • Spending time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or language or musical instruments would be best.
  • You should take enough seven to eight hours of sleep daily.
  • You must avoid tobacco or alcohol, or any substance abuse.
  • Live your life, do not just spend it.
  • Be bold and confident.
  • If you still have symptoms that persist after following the advice for ten days, then you need to start medications for a short duration. You must do the following blood reports and follow up after ten days.
    • CBC (complete blood count).
    • Thyroid profile.
    • Vitamin D3.
    • Vitamin B12.

I hope this helps.


Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Ways to Overcome Overthinking and Negative Thoughts

Introduction: Overthinking, also known as rumination, is characterized by repetitive analysis of the situation or thinking of the same problem or person ...   Read full

How can I get rid of major depressive disorder?

I have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and insomnia ...   Read full

My problem is over-thinking a situation and also sleeping disorder.Please help.

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and have chest pain, shortness of breath lightheadedness. So doctor ordered me a chest CT to rule out PE as my d dimer is high... I am so meevous aftrr reading everything in the internet So how much radiation does the fetus get affected by doctor?   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.