Malalignment Of Fractured Bones

Can you please give a second opinion on my daughter's clavicle fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, My 1 year old kid fell down and had clavicle - collarbone fracture. I have attached the images. On the image it looks like the bone is apart. Doctors told to leave it as such and it will be fine in a three week's time. But, I am looking for a second opinion as the bone is apart and I a...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). My decision in such case is to operate and fix the bone as the gap is quite good. If not done, then it could lead to misalignment of the bone and this would be a great problem in the future...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for malaligned fractured humerus bone?

Query: Hello doctor, Three and a half months ago, I fractured my humerus in a car accident. When I went to the hospital I had my arm put into a sling. Since then I have been going back to the hospital every three to four weeks for x-rays, what concerns me is that my doctors seem extremely unsure what to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello doctor, Sorry to hear about your accident. From what I see on the Xrays attached, you sustained a humeral shaft fracture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These fractures tend to be very forgiving, that is, they do well in spite of a great deal of malalignment. Humerus has ...  Read Full »

What is the probable function of the little toe?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad met with an accident 40 days back. His little toe was fractured, but it remains in the same position as before. The doctor suggested him to take Calcium tablets, in order to retain the toe back to normal, for a period of three months. He had undergone common dressings, but no surg...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your dad's clinical history and the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The x-ray shows fracture malunion with slight malrotation of the fifth toe. It has been almost more than a month since the injury. Hence, kindly send me a clinic...  Read Full »

Do broken bones set themselves as a child grows?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 year old son has a broken ulna and radius. They are broken in the middle of his arm. The x-ray shows that the broken bones are displaced. The doctor did not perform a reduction and ordered a full arm cast. He stated that the bones will set themselves as my son grows. Is this true...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the x-rays of your child (attachment removed to protect patient identity).To be very honest, I am not happy if this is the position which has been accepted after the cast has been put. It is true that fractures remodel in children very well and that they al...  Read Full »

Following fracture, my finger appears to be tilted. How to correct it?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a crack in my ring finger. But, after the plaster, the finger tilted towards the little finger. How to get it straight? It has been one week since the plaster is removed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One week is a good time to correct any deformities in the finger, if you do not feel that it is straight. Do not delay. Seek immediate consultation or upload the x-ray and show it to me as soon as possible. Also, upload the clinical photograph of the finger. I can see and...  Read Full »