Malaria Vaccine

Are malaria and typhoid vaccines safe for a 9 month old baby?

Query: Dear Doctor, Is it safe for a 9 month baby to travel to the Dominican Republic? Also, is it safe for a 8-9 month old to take vaccines for malaria and typhoid?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is safe to travel to Dominican Republic, but you need to care abut many issues. While traveling there are many issues related to health of your baby, example: he can get infection like malaria, typhoid, hepatitis A & E and varicella. So if you use prophylactic mea...  Read Full »

Do I need a booster for vaccines which I had in childhood?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a photographer and would likely venture into so many remote areas. I will obtain appropriate malaria prophylaxis before traveling to remote areas and have a large supply of DEET and Permethrin mosquito repellent. I want to be sure that I am up-to-date with all of my vaccines and that...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. It is good that you have taken most of the essential vaccines. I would like to suggest you to take typhoid vaccine and pneumococcal vaccine As you have taken almost all the polio doses, I think th...  Read Full »