Q. Why are my upper front teeth wiggly?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Published on Dec 09, 2018

I have been to several dentists who said my gums look good and everything else but some cavities and one root canal I had to get done. I am on Invisalign treatment and much teeth (front mainly, top and bottom) seem wiggly. I looked and the mirror and see where they were. Can someone please help me or calm my nerves til I can get to a dentist?

#

Your upper and lower front teeth are perfectly looking good and I could also see few cavities in the photo that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The wiggly kind of appearance you feel should be because of your teeth cutting tips have a very transparent enamel inside which there are 'w' shaped pattern visible. Those are called mamelons which are completely normal features of the tooth when it is developed. Also, the transparent enamel gives the greyish hue which might make you think that teeth are discolored but it is actually not so. Also, you should know a fact that, all the front teeth should not be of the same size and same level. By the nature of law, the central incisors have to be bigger than the lateral ones in the upper row. If you understand all these facts, you will believe in the dentists of why they had told you need not require any treatment for the front teeth.

Please suggest remedy for small gum abscess.

Query: Hello doctor, I have gum abscess. It is very small and white in color. Should I visit a dentist or will it be alright if I go for home remedies?  Read Full »

Are silver fillings hazardous to health?

Query: Hi doctor,  I recently had my tooth cavity filled with a silver filling. I read on the internet that silver fillings are toxic to human kind. Please suggest what I can do. Shall I get it removed, and replaced with some other material that is not hazardous?  Read Full »

How to relieve burning sensation in the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in my anus. How to relieve it? Please suggest some treatment.  Read Full »